Head of Customer Experience
San Francisco Bay Area /
Customer Success /
Apply Here For Expedited Consideration If You Are Being Directed to a Third Party Site: https://matterport.com/careers/
Matterport is the industry leader in 3D capture and spatial data with a mission to digitize and index the built world, and advance the way people interact with the places they inhabit and explore. Matterport’s all-in-one 3D data platform enables anyone to turn a physical space into an immersive digital twin and share it with others to connect and collaborate in 3D. The Matterport platform helps thousands of customers in 130+ countries realize the full potential of a space at every stage of its lifecycle including planning, construction, appraisal, marketing and operations.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are transforming how we experience the built world!
Matterport is looking for a passionate, dynamic leader of our Customer Success and Customer Support functions to help us achieve our goal of maniacal focus on our customers to truly differentiate our business. Reporting to our CRO, the candidate chosen for this role will be responsible for leading all of our post-sales functions related to our customers. You will drive our efforts to design and execute strategies for running our day-to-day customer support operations, improve the operational efficiency at a global scale and provide customer insights to the broader organization to enable continuous improvement of the overall customer experience. In addition, you will oversee our Customer Success/Implementation organization responsible for global enterprise customer implementations. You will be a devoted advocate of the customer experience and will possess a strong IQ and EQ to sustain our focus on delighting our customers while evangelizing Matterport as the industry leader.
- Work closely with all functions throughout Matterport to develop and execute growth plans and strategies and ensure that the voice of the customer is represented in everything we do
- Partner with sales leadership, cross-functional teams, and managers to develop and execute strategies that create successful customers and increase sales
- Actively engage in driving account strategy and then executing that strategy for select accounts
- Establish, track, and measure customer success/support effectiveness and performance
- Recruit, build, and lead high performing, collaborative, empowered customer success and customer support teams
- Drive the strategy and alignment of customer success/support and transformational impact through adoption of market-leading solutions that accelerate value for our customers
- Focus on customer intimacy to deliver business impact and innovation to a customer’s business by understanding our customers’ key business issues and opportunities
- Create external advocacy by listening to customers closely and bringing the voice of the customer into discussions related to our user experience, products and services
- Develop models and dashboards to share with teams and leadership to assist in understanding our customer feedback
- Build and nurture C-level relationships across enterprise accounts to solidify our partnership and commitment to the customer while penetrating the accounts deeper
- Create a consistent and valued customer experience developing and scaling repeatable methodologies and proven best practices
- Work closely with the Sales organization to develop and execute growth plans and strategies to drive license agreements
- Establish relationships with leadership across Sales, Product, Design, Engineering, Finance and Marketing.
- Manage and achieve key business metrics including bookings, revenue, NPS, CSAT, utilization, and expenses
- Be an inspirational leader and create a vibrant, inclusive culture that inspires people to do their best work.
- Operationalize key national/global programs as well to ensure the team can scale to meet the needs of our customers and do more with less over time.
- 8 - 10+ years of experience in managing a customer-facing organization, preferably a high-growth organization delivering software based business solutions to large and small enterprises
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Master’s degree a plus.
- Ideal candidate will have pre and post sales experience
- Strong empathy for customers and passion for revenue and growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Enthusiastic and creative leadership style with the ability to inspire others
- Proven ability to motivate and focus teams
- Can thrive in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent leadership, management, and interpersonal skills.
- High EQ and ability to lead with positive influence.
- Ability to build an operating model with tools, processes and people to drive a scaled model for customer success.
- Detailed understanding of best practices for enterprise CRM and Customer Support systems (Zendesk, Intercom, etc.) and experience with complex CRM and IT deployments
- Ability to work independently and in a strong team environment, and to deliver on detail as well as strategy
- Passion for technology and innovation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Analytical and negotiation skills, particularly at executive levels
- Strong understanding of business processes and their implementation into enterprise applications
Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.