Firmware Engineering, Contractor
Sunnyvale, CA /
Apply Here For Expedited Consideration If You Are Being Directed to a Third Party Site: https://matterport.com/careers/
Matterport is the industry leader in 3D capture and spatial data with a mission to digitize and index the built world, and advance the way people interact with the places they inhabit and explore. Matterport’s all-in-one 3D data platform enables anyone to turn a physical space into an immersive digital twin and share it with others to connect and collaborate in 3D. The Matterport platform helps thousands of customers in 130+ countries realize the full potential of a space at every stage of its lifecycle including planning, construction, appraisal, marketing and operations.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are transforming how we experience the built world!
- Develop and maintain linux application and driver level software for camera subsystems (sensors, networking, user interface, processing)
- Develop and maintain tools for internal use during hardware testing, calibration, and manufacturing
- Improve development efficiency by exploring, evaluating, and incorporating new methods and technologies into our product
- Collaborate with team to integrate new hardware and software components into the system
- Conduct design reviews, develop API’s, and document firmware code and processes
- 5+ years of SW/FW development experience including embedded C, C++, Python, bash scripting
- Experience with embedded Linux, multi-threading, Linux drivers, and system configuration
- Experience with microcontroller bare metal or RTOS code development
- FPGA code development desirable
- Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills using JTAG, protocol sniffers, and custom test code
- Experience with embedded buses such as I2C, SPI, and USB with UVC device class
- Experience with the following software projects preferred; OpenCL, CUDA
- System level integration of devices and peripherals including; cameras, 3D sensors, motors, WiFi, and Bluetooth
- Demonstrated track record of successfully developing, building, and shipping SW/FW on a consumer or industrial product
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision in a collaborative environment
- BS or MS in Computer Science or similar field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.