Senior Product Manager, Mobile Apps
Apply Here For Expedited Consideration If You Are Being Directed to a Third Party Site: https://matterport.com/careers/
Matterport is the leading spatial data company digitizing and indexing the built world. Our unique 3D capture technology creates the spatial data layer on which industries can interoperate while our all-in-one 3D data platform makes it fast and easy to turn any physical space into an accurate and immersive digital twin. Matterport's platform helps customers realize the full potential of a space at every stage of its lifecycle including planning, construction, appraisal, marketing, and operations. We are the world leader in the category we invented, having built digital twins of over 2.3 million properties so far!
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are changing the way we all see the world!
This role will own and drive the mobile applications roadmap across both iOS and Android for the company. This is a senior role that spans long-term vision through day-to-day execution. Typically this role owns the on-site capture experience across a collection of devices as well as different mobile viewing experience options. As our customer base expands across more industry verticals and geographic regions, our applications need to evolve rapidly. The PM will need to champion the changing voice of our user(s), and spearhead innovative solutions to their evolving needs. This role will also involve managing 3rd party partners who support Matterport for certain content creation needs.
- Define and implement the mobile applications roadmap across iOS and Android. Ensure the mobile strategy influences and supports the overall company strategy. Manage a portfolio of applications on both platforms.
- Translate the strategy and derive the lower level details required to implement it. Seamlessly context switch between big picture and tactical operations.
- Communicate how lower level plans, features, release build towards the vision with both internal and external stakeholders. You’ll present to the executive team, at external events, and communicate with customers via support forums and social media.
- Prioritize continuously to adapt and focus on the most important objectives. Do so with a portfolio mindset that blends initiatives and both short-term and long-term goals.
- Make data-driven decisions, and build analytics capabilities into our products. Analyze that data to glean actionable insights.
- Define market and user research needed to ensure we delight our customers with new capabilities.
- Cradle-to-grave management of product life cycles, from launch through end-of-life.
- Run public beta programs for new features with existing customers.
- Work closely with partners to bring integrated solutions to life. This may involve partner hardware or software solutions.
Key Traits, Skills, Behaviors
- It’s about the team, not you. You keep a keen eye on what the team needs to succeed and make that happen. You look good because you get the team what they need to execute and thrive.
- Details: be able to juggle across complex projects, keep a clear big picture but also mindful of dependencies and interactions that need to be managed. You are often the go-to person for product questions.
- Persistence: keep on grinding when it gets hard. Adapt to obstacles, figure out when to go through them or around them. Empathy: know when you are not the customer; be able to understand their mindset, concerns, and unstated needs.
- Humility, learn from others. Recognize when you’re on the wrong side of the Dunning-Kruger curve. Ask questions, rely on experts, become an expert when needed.
- Dirty jobs: you’ll roll up your sleeves and get it done when needed. It’s not beneath you.
- Technical enough: this is first and foremost a product role, so product-market fit is the most critical element. However it is also a fairly technical realm, and you’ll need to work closely with mobile developers, computer vision experts, and hardware engineers.
- 7-15 years experience in product management or a related area. This is a senior role.
- Prior experience launching and evolving mobile applications, ideally on both iOS and Android.
- Prior experience in SaaS-based business models desired, especially in business-to-business (B2B &/or B2B2C).
- Capacity to manage complex, cross-functional projects with many moving parts.
- Familiarity with Agile/Lean development approaches.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred.
Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.