VP, Business Development & Alliances
Apply Here For Expedited Consideration If You Are Being Directed to a Third Party Site: https://matterport.com/careers/
Matterport is the leading spatial data company digitizing and indexing the built world. Our unique 3D capture technology creates the spatial data layer on which industries can interoperate while our all-in-one 3D data platform makes it fast and easy to turn any physical space into an accurate and immersive digital twin. Matterport's platform helps customers realize the full potential of a space at every stage of its lifecycle including planning, construction, appraisal, marketing, and operations. We are the world leader in the category we invented, having built digital twins of over 2.3 million properties so far!
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are changing the way we all see the world!
As the Vice President, Business Development & Alliances, you’ll work in our fast-paced, innovative workplace. You will set the strategic direction for Matterport, as well as drive sales and business development initiatives related to large enterprise customers and partnerships, evaluating and recommending new business avenues for the company as well as developing and executing our global growth strategy.
Overall responsibility for creating and executing our global partner sales strategy to exceed revenue goals for Matterport’s SaaS solution.
This is a high visibility role and will be based in the Bay Area however will need to travel as necessary to customer locations (up to 40%).
- Proactively lead the team by setting global strategy and driving the development of new business in the market, and provide technical advice across disciplines.
- Work with internal stakeholders to drive new business development with large global customers in multiple verticals.
- Build strong networks within the company to spot and capitalize on opportunities to evangelize Matterport as necessary in the market to drive business goals and revenue.
- Identify and discuss key issues with customers to identify potential opportunities.
- Responsible for regular customer communications.
- Responsible for shaping and delivering various projects that exceed the expectations of our customers.
- Help to grow and develop the BD team through hands on training and coaching.
- Manage and expand existing partner relationships as well as seeking out new ones.
- Design and execute sales and partnership strategies to drive opportunities.
- Develop business plans and ensure their successful execution.
- Identify, select and negotiate contracts with strategic partners to help the business drive growth through innovation. This includes detailed due diligence to determine which partnerships will create the most value for Matterport.
- Act as the executive point of contact for strategic partners, help resolve any issues and ensure compliance with partnership agreements.
- Manage relationships from start to finish with strategic partners to ensure mutually benefit outcomes and sustainable long-term growth for Matterport; grow and maintain the strategic alliances portfolio over time.
- Develop and maintain a high-level understanding of ongoing trends in the marketplace and to stay ahead of expectations and competition for partnerships.
- Develop improvement initiatives to increase the effectiveness of strategic partner targeting, contract development and negotiation.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative strategic business and market evaluations to identify and assess growth opportunities and to influence product development priorities.
- 15+ years of experience in technology sales, business development and/or alliances.
- Experience working within a global SaaS environment strongly preferred.
- Healthy network of BD colleagues within the technology industry.
- Leadership style with an experienced “win-win” approach to partnerships.
- Must be data driven; solid analytical skills and ability to apply market research concepts and methodologies to decisions.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated deal execution experience and leadership of teams.
- Hands-on; driven to achieve creative and sound results.
- Ability to travel up to 40%; domestic and international travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Master’s degree in Business preferred.
At Matterport, you can help us build a digital universe that connects people with any space, from anywhere. You’ll make a difference by creating products and experiences that make lives easier and more fun through the power of computer vision and AI. Our team is small, so your voice matters. Now is the perfect time to join us.
Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.