Mechanical Engineering, Contractor
Sunnyvale, CA /
Apply Here For Expedited Consideration If You Are Being Directed to a Third Party Site: https://matterport.com/careers/
Matterport is the industry leader in 3D capture and spatial data with a mission to digitize and index the built world, and advance the way people interact with the places they inhabit and explore. Matterport’s all-in-one 3D data platform enables anyone to turn a physical space into an immersive digital twin and share it with others to connect and collaborate in 3D. The Matterport platform helps thousands of customers in 130+ countries realize the full potential of a space at every stage of its lifecycle including planning, construction, appraisal, marketing and operations.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are transforming how we experience the built world!
- Drive mechanical architecture, product design, testing and evaluation for new cameras and subsystems
- Responsible for design, analysis, documentation, and functional validation of mechanical components and assemblies
- Work closely with manufacturing partners to ensure successful development and launch with a focus on quality and cost targets
- Own tooling & fixture development from prototype through mass production
- Rapid prototyping to enable validated decision-making processes in a fast paced environment
- Investigate, vendor liaison, study, and select critical components.
- Analyze validate, and characterize product designs
- Determine performance characteristics and document into engineering documentation.
- Participate in technical discussion and collaborate with the cross functional team during the product development phase
- Support products from initial concept through manufacturing bring up and sustaining
- BS or MS in mechanical engineering, product design or related field
- 5+ years of experience in consumer electronic, computing and professional hardware development
- Demonstrated knowledge of low to high volume production and tooling requirements
- Experience with Creo CAD, as well as proficiency in simulation and data collection tools
- Demonstrated experience with consumer electronics and working with overseas ODMs and CMs
- Experience with design and testing of mechanisms such as button, latches, snap fit and gearing
- Experience with design and testing of mechatronics hardware – motors & drives, sensors, actuators, etc.
- Proven ability in analyzing root cause, design of experiments, complex design debugging, and problem solving
- Demonstrated ability directing and collaborating with leveraged development resources in US and globally
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal guidance and ability in handling multiple tasks
- Demonstrated experience working with industrial design to create user centered products
- Insane attention to detail and exceptional communication skills
- Experience leading/managing ME/PD efforts on project teams is a plus.
- Experience in camera development is a plus
- Experience in any of following areas will be added advantage: Optics Design, EMI/EMC/ESD compliance
- Experience in hardware product development with an organization developing portable consumer devices is a plus
Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.