Senior Staff Electrical Engineer, Contractor
Sunnyvale, CA /
Apply Here For Expedited Consideration If You Are Being Directed to a Third Party Site: https://matterport.com/careers/
Matterport is the industry leader in 3D capture and spatial data with a mission to digitize and index the built world, and advance the way people interact with the places they inhabit and explore. Matterport’s all-in-one 3D data platform enables anyone to turn a physical space into an immersive digital twin and share it with others to connect and collaborate in 3D. The Matterport platform helps thousands of customers in 130+ countries realize the full potential of a space at every stage of its lifecycle including planning, construction, appraisal, marketing and operations.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are transforming how we experience the built world!
In this position, you will be responsible for designing and developing the electrical architecture of new and derivative camera products. This position requires solid system integration expertise. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, our partners and suppliers to deliver high quality products. We expect that you will be easy to work with, have strong interpersonal skills and great communication skills.
- Investigate, study, and select critical components such as SOC+GPU, memory subsystems, battery management.
- Evaluate and select sensor interfaces such as MIPI, USB3, or custom.
- Manage schematic capture and review, PCB design review, and electrical BOM release.
- Develop hardware validation plans and review test results.
- Analyze, validate, and characterize hardware design. Determine performance characteristics and document into engineering specifications.
- Participate in technical discussions and collaborate with the cross functioning team including mechanical, optical, firmware, product design, document control, and program management during the product development phase.
- Support products from initial concept through manufacturing bring up until end of life.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience in electrical hardware development.
- Experience in designing digital hardware system with Microprocessor, DSP, DDR, and High Speed transceivers.
- Experience in various bus architectures and interfaces such as I2C, USB, I2S, USB, SDIO, and MIPI.
- Experience in low power design, power conversion, and battery management.
- Proven ability in analyzing root cause, complex design debugging, and problem solving with engineering test equipment.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal guidance and ability in handling multiple tasks.
- Ability to work cross‐functionally along with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with external development and manufacturing partners.
- Experience in any of the following areas will be added advantage: GPUs for ML or image processing, WiFi, GPS, accelerometers, CMOS image sensor architecture, Precision mechatronic control
- Experience in hardware product development with an organization developing portable consumer devices is a plus.
Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.