VP Product Design & Research
United States /
Design – Design /
Matterport is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial computing platform turns buildings into data making every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 150 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal, and marketing.
We’re excited to announce that Matterport is now publicly listed on NASDAQ as MTTR. It’s an exciting time to join us!
Visit our Matterport Comparably Profile to learn more about working at Matterport and the awards we have won for being a Great Place to Work!
At Matterport, exceptional user experiences are core to our platform and what our customers expect from us. We are looking for an equally exceptional design leader who will help shape how Product Design and Research fuel our next stage of growth. You will partner closely with fellow leaders in Product Management, Engineering and Go-To-Market to craft delightful experiences for our customers. Reporting to our Chief Experience Officer, this position requires a design leader who thrives in creating clarity, has impeccable product sense, is comfortable navigating complex domains and owning outcomes.
#LI-Remote This position is remote in the U.S.
What you will do:
- Lead Product Design and Research’s core operations, structure, vision, strategy and outcomes
- Guide the team through all aspects of the design lifecycle and regularly improve our processes so they’re effective, relevant, innovative, and scalable
- Hone our approach to UX research to identify opportunities and quantify the business case for new projects.
- Lead, mentor, inspire, coach, and develop the Design team. You will intentionally and thoughtfully cultivate the team as the Design function scales.
- Partner with Product, Engineering and GTM teams and stakeholders across the company to deliver a world-class product experience
Who you are:
- Past experience building and leading a Product Design & Research organization
- Outstanding stakeholder presence and collaboration skills
- Impeccable product design sense and vision
- Operational and executional excellence with a focus on quality and craftsmanship
- Exceptional people & team management
- A passion for our product and customers
- Bonus if you have experience leading design teams in Enterprise B2B SaaS, Proptech, Mapping, 3D, and Business Intelligence
- We want to hear from you! We are looking to build the best team of people who will be empowered to do their best work. If you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every bullet in the job description we encourage you to apply.
- US based Matterport employees who travel for work, attend employee gatherings or work onsite at any of our offices are required as a condition of employment to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of full vaccination including Booster will be required, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $141,100 - $294,000 & bonus & equity & benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Perks & Benefits
- Comprehensive health plans – 100% of premiums covered for employees. (90% of family premiums)
- Flexible Time Off for Exempt Employees/Generous PTO plan for Non-Exempt Employees – Take time to rest, relax and explore! Plus we offer Summer Fridays!
- 401k, Company ownership in the form of RSU’s & ESPP Program
- Commuter Benefits
For more detail visit www.matterport.com/careers * Medical and retirement benefits vary by Country
Belief in Diversity
At Matterport, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them and recognize the value they bring to our customers and employees. Matterport is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and works to create and support diversity at Matterport. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender, identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment that provides a sense of inclusion and belonging and is free of discrimination and harassment. We also consider all qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Matterport is likewise committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act.
For more information regarding how Matterport collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies. https://matterport.com/privacy-policy