Senior Android Engineer
Matterport is a 3D immersive media SaaS company that makes it easy for anyone to quickly and inexpensively create a digital 3D model of any physical space. Our 3D immersive media platform is used across many industries to improve how people make decisions about properties. We are the world leader in the category we invented, having built digital models of over 1.5 million properties so far!
Starting with residential real estate, where 8% of all homes sold in the US last year had a Matterport 3D tour, the company has changed how people experience physical spaces. Our product offering is selling exponentially in new markets like apartments, vacation rentals, hotels, event venues, insurance, retail environments, as well as architecture, engineering, and construction.
We have an end-to-end system for crafting, experiencing, and changing cloud-based immersive 3D models of real spaces. Our system will improve the way people experience and visualize physical spaces making it incredibly fun and practical for users to move through real world spaces as if they were there.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are changing the way we see the world!
We are seeking a Senior Android Software Engineer to help lead development for our 3D technology. We are working with partners to deliver state of the art capture experiences on next generation mobile and camera devices. We are looking for someone who is passionate about building phenomenal mobile software and is motivated to take the lead in the creation of mobile apps for capturing, editing, and viewing 3D spaces and objects.
- Collaborate closely with the engineering team and product marketing to define, design, develop, and deliver new exciting features on Matterport’s capture applications
- Continuously explore, evaluate, and incorporate new technology into our products and processes to improve development efficiency
- Deliver a quality software solution using the Agile mobile development cycle
- Analyze business requirements, provide development estimates, feedback and proper implementation
- Develop, maintain, support, monitor and optimize existing mobile applications
- Research and recommend new mobile tools and applications
- 6+ years experience in high performance software development
- 4+ experience in Android mobile development experience with deep technical knowledge of mobile frameworks and how to build great reactive UI design
- You have a solid grasp of core software concepts, including networking, storage/file system, security, memory management, multi-threading, and application lifecycle management
- You are a thoughtful co-worker, enjoyable to work with, yet able to work independently with minimal supervision in a collaborative work environment.
- Experience using Kotlin, Android Jetpack and Reactive paradigms
- Familiarity with C++, Protobuf, RESTful web APIs
- Experience with CMake and other build tools
- 3D graphics, odometry, photogrammetry knowledge
- Optimizing for performance on mobile (CPU/GPU/memory/latency)
Matterport is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.