Supply Chain Buyer / Planner and Analyst
San Francisco Bay Area /
Manufacturing and Supply Chain /
Matterport is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial computing platform turns buildings into data making every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 150 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal, and marketing.
We’re excited to announce that Matterport is now publicly listed on NASDAQ as MTTR. It’s an exciting time to join us!
Visit our Matterport Comparably Profile to learn more about working at Matterport and the awards we have won for being a Great Place to Work!
Type of Employment
Sunnyvale, CA (strongly preferred) or Remote
Matterport is a remote workplace with headquarters in Sunnyvale, CA. This position can be based remotely in the (United States as needed) #LI-Remote
About the Role
We’re seeking a buyer/planner/Supply Chain Analyst to manage material planning, purchasing, supplier relationship management, and product life cycle for the production of our hardware product.
This is a fast-paced role at a high growth company that will create a key impact on the supply chain organization. You will have autonomy to work across a wide range of initiatives and cross-functional groups to create an impact and help accelerate Matterport growth!
What you will do
- Own and manage the master scheduling required for the supply plan
- Plan and organize the procurement, replenishment and distribution of materials by using Excel spreadsheet.
- Identify potential issues by monitoring forecast against actual usage, production scrap and quality rejects that result to healthy inventory availability to fulfill the demand
- Author effective procurement process, performance metrics and workflow
- Negotiate payment terms with vendors, eliminate corporate credit card usage
- Develop sourcing and new supplier qualification process with our engineering and quality team
- Create/maintain Purchase Orders according to the CTB (Clear to build)
- Perform periodic supply-demand analysis according to the forecast update
- Maintain accurate open Purchase Orders records to define inbound quantities and due dates from vendors within our ERP system
- Identify potential supply risks and inventory exposures by aligning supply chain processes with product development new launches, ECO design changes and product end of life phases
- Maintain and ensure appropriate inventory levels in the warehouse and oversea virtual locations
- Work closely with in-house manufacturing and offshore manufacturing to ensure continuity of supply
- Manage suppliers’ performance by periodic review, such as on-time delivery, inventory liability, product quality and business efficiency
- Decide the best shipping methods, track shipments, and follow up through delivery
- Manage logistics for Consigned/VMI materials to avoid unnecessary China import taxes and VAT
Who you are
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain in electronics, optical and electro-mechanical environment with global manufacturing and suppliers
- 5+ years of experience working with component and EMS vendors in Asia
- Experience developing and maintaining a MRP with and without the assistance of a pre-packaged ERP
- Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain, Statistics, Business Management or equivalent
- Proficiency with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, especially NetSuite, including new vendor set up, new part number creation, work order creation, inventory adjustment and other related transaction
- Proficiency with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software, especially Arena, including part number, AVL, BOM and ECR/ECO creation and maintenance
- Detail oriented and organized
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proficient computer skills - MS, especially in Excel (report, analysis, formulas, pivot tables, etc.)
- 10% or Less Travel
Perks & Benefits
- * Comprehensive health plans – 100% of premiums covered for employees. (90% of family premiums)
- Flexible Time Off for Exempt Employees/Generous PTO plan for Non-Exempt Employees – Take time to rest, relax and explore! Plus we offer Summer Fridays!
- * 401k
- Company ownership in the form of RSU’s
- Continuing Education & Commuter Benefits
For more detail visit www.matterport.com/careers * Medical and retirement benefits vary by Country
Belief in Diversity
At Matterport, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them and recognize the value they bring to our customers and employees. Matterport is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and works to create and support diversity at Matterport. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees.
We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender, identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment that provides a sense of inclusion and belonging and is free of discrimination and harassment. We also consider all qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Matterport is likewise committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act
For more information regarding how Matterport collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies. https://matterport.com/privacy-policy