Director, User Experience Research
San Francisco or Sunnyvale, CA
Apply Here For Expedited Consideration If You Are Being Directed to a Third Party Site: https://matterport.com/careers/
Matterport is the leading spatial data company digitizing and indexing the built world. Our unique 3D capture technology creates the spatial data layer on which industries can interoperate while our all-in-one 3D data platform makes it fast and easy to turn any physical space into an accurate and immersive digital twin. Matterport's platform helps customers realize the full potential of a space at every stage of its lifecycle including planning, construction, appraisal, marketing, and operations. We are the world leader in the category we invented, having built digital twins of over 2.3 million properties so far!
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are changing the way we all see the world!
In this role, you will have the opportunity to create understanding and empathy around our user needs, stated and unstated, for our 3D media platform. You will work cross-functionally with designers, product managers and engineers conducting primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users through various methods including surveys, usability testing, and log analysis. Your research will help us create useful, usable, and delightful new products and features for our customers and support continual innovation on existing products. This is an opportunity to inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering compelling, written, in-person and visual presentations.
- Build, own and define the user research discipline company-wide
- Design and conduct qualitative and quantitative research studies, including user interviews, in-person or remote usability studies, focus groups, surveys, etc., for our existing and future products
- Map, maintain and evangelize the end-to-end customer journey for current and existing experiences (consideration to support to loyalty)
- Partner closely with the Product, design, engineering, sales, marketing and customer support teams to understand the problems we’re solving, the mental models and needs of our users, and to create solutions that champion the simplicity and intuitiveness of our experiences.
- Identify and explore new opportunities through creative research methods and co-design sessions to help define product roadmaps, vision, and strategy
- Build empathy across the organization to improve the products we build for our customers
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Information Science, Cognitive Science, Market Research or related field
- 10+ years of experience conducting research in an applied setting
- Knowledge of qualitative and/or quantitative UX research methods, such as lab-based or remote usability studies, user interviews, field research, survey research and statistical analysis
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills, including the ability to influence key stakeholders
- Passion for using data to inform decisions and to advocate for our users
Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.