Global Communications Manager
London, UK /
Apply Here For Expedited Consideration If You Are Being Directed to a Third Party Site: https://matterport.com/careers/
Matterport is the industry leader in 3D capture and spatial data with a mission to digitize and index the built world, and advance the way people interact with the places they inhabit and explore. Matterport’s all-in-one 3D data platform enables anyone to turn a physical space into an immersive digital twin and share it with others to connect and collaborate in 3D. The Matterport platform helps thousands of customers in 130+ countries realize the full potential of a space at every stage of its lifecycle including planning, construction, appraisal, marketing and operations.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are transforming how we experience the built world!
Are you a Global Communications Manager looking for the career experience of a lifetime? Join Matterport as we usher in a new age of digital media and imaging technologies. Matterport is experiencing high growth and needs expanded coverage and brand awareness worldwide through public relations initiatives. Reporting to the Senior Director of Communications and Content Marketing, this key role will act as the central point of contact between Matterport spokespeople and the PR agencies, and work with our social media manager in lock step. We need a leader who will continue to drive our momentum in North America and break into Asia Pacific and Europe in an effective and substantial way.
The successful candidate to take on this opportunity is someone who works with senior executives with confidence, collaborates effectively within matrixed teams, and shapes compelling content across multiple formats and channels. We are seek a professional who is experienced in developing company and technology narratives tailored to industry analysts as well as mainstream, business and vertical trade press. As part of a high-performing team, they will be an expert in crafting, managing and publishing multiple pieces of content that tell a clear story; be comfortable working in a cross-functional, fast-moving environment; have a good understanding of corporate and financial communications, including a working knowledge of the business media environment; and is proficient with tracking metrics and reporting results.
- Run a best-in-class communications program, creating and executing strategy to generate proactive media coverage globally.
- Build and manage proactive communications plans and editorial calendar timelines. Ensure deadlines are met and content is published and amplified seamlessly.
- Be a strong listener with a curious mind who can distill and synthesize data and information from across the company to create compelling, persuasive content in support of thought leadership, partnerships, customer wins and product launches.
- Possess journalist-quality writing skills to develop press releases, blog posts, award submissions, surveys and other related content.
- Understand business priorities, company values and industry trends to shape audience-relevant communications.
- Manage PR agencies in the US, Asia Pacific and Europe, working with them to secure coverage in mainstream, business and vertical trade press around the world, and manage relationships with industry analysts.
- Raise visibility of Matterport and company executives through blogs, contributed articles, op-eds and speaking opportunities.
- Comfortably work with tight deadlines, often concurrent, for disparate projects.
- Use metrics and reporting to track results, measure effectiveness, leverage results to make recommendations; and refine communications approach.
- Communications professional who is both a strategist and execution wizard; a self-starter who approaches everything with drive, urgency, and energy.
- Spent the majority of career in the tech industry; broad knowledge and understanding of SaaS, hardware and internet technologies a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of directly relevant experience knowledge, skills and abilities; in-house Corporate Communications experience ideal, and knowledge of financial communications a plus.
- Curious about our business and is confident and responsive working with executives.
- Natural storyteller with superb and persuasive communication and writing skills.
- Highly organized with acute attention to detail and proven record of working in a cross-functional environment.
- Demonstrated agility with juggling multiple projects under deadline, optimizing resources and self-prioritizing work.
- Highly collaborative, inclusive, creative and flexible.
- Excited to solve problems in creative ways.
- Experience defining KPIs, managing reporting and showcasing data-driven results.
- Ideally located in Europe in order to collaborate in both Asia Pacific and the U.S.
Matterport is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.