Principal Data Analyst
Sunnyvale, CA or San Francisco, CA or Lawrence, KS
Apply Here For Expedited Consideration If You Are Being Directed to a Third Party Site: https://matterport.com/careers/
Matterport is the leading spatial data company digitizing and indexing the built world. Our unique 3D capture technology creates the spatial data layer on which industries can interoperate while our all-in-one 3D data platform makes it fast and easy to turn any physical space into an accurate and immersive digital twin. Matterport's platform helps customers realize the full potential of a space at every stage of its lifecycle including planning, construction, appraisal, marketing, and operations. We are the world leader in the category we invented, having built digital twins of over 2.3 million properties so far!
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are changing the way we all see the world!
Matterport is looking for an enthusiastic Principal Data Analyst who will organize, orchestrate, and provide analysis of key data and insights to fuel Matterport’s business . The ideal candidate has a positive, can-do attitude, a friendly personality, and strong problem-solving abilities.
- Design and evolve an ideal data pipeline architecture which ensures data quality, security, and availability from a variety of data sources
- Identify efficiency opportunities in existing processes and systems feeding such a data pipeline
- Utilize and expand a set of analytical tools to provide actionable insights and enable decision making into all aspects of Matterport’s business
- Provide expertise to internal stakeholders across Sales, Finance, Marketing, and Product teams
- Lead the adapting our internal systems, tools, and processes
- 5+ years of experience in designing and developing data systems and providing key analytic insight from them
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Information Systems or related fields
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of business and customer needs
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience using relational databases like Postgres
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores like Snowflake
- Familiarity with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, and Redshift
- Working knowledge of Python, Java, or similar languages
- Experience with Data Visualization platforms like Looker and Redash
Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.