Applied Computer Vision Engineer
Los Angeles, CA / Remote /
Software & Engineering /
Mav Farm is a technology company headquartered in Los Angeles, California with a remote and distributed team, that designs and develops enterprise and consumer media, commerce, and financial software and services. We provide tools for artists, creators, app developers, and businesses to collaborate with one another to captivate audiences and human-machines in creative, engaging, and unobtrusive ways - that is, sans advertising. These creators are building media companies, brands and retail companies, tech companies, and all of the above together with Mav Farm. Mav Farm considers itself part e-commerce platform, part entertainment app, part business tool, part financial solution, and part social network, meeting multifaceted creator and audience needs through distinct yet synergistic features.
Mav Farm was founded with the goal of a fully decentralized peer-to-peer art, media and trade network - that is, to provide artists, creators, organizations and businesses access to and complete control of the universal decentralized distribution of their art, media and commerce.
There are over 600k users watching and shopping from over 500 of their favorite creators, cultural influencers, and brands. Not only is Mav Farm helping creators and businesses earn more for their efforts, but is also helping their audiences find new people, brands, and stories to engage with in unique and uncompromising ways.
Mav Farm is seeking a world-class computer vision expert to join our team in developing next generation products and platforms doing research and engineering at scale. We're applying cutting-edge computer vision algorithms to a wide range of media understanding challenges at Mav Farm.
- Develop novel and accurate computer vision algorithms and systems, leveraging deep learning and machine learning on big data resources.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various deployed systems.
- Collaborate with team members from the level of prototyping to the level of production.
- 5+ years of experience in building, leading and specializing in large-scale commercial computer vision projects from the level of researching a prototype to the level of production.
- C/C++ rapid programming on Linux OS.
- Experienced with training deep neural networks, prototyping in scripting languages like MATLAB, python, math performance libs (e.g. IPP, MKL), CPU optimization methods (e.g. assembly SIMD instructions)
- Published projects in the fields of machine learning, deep learning and/or computer vision.
- Experience with developing on mobile/embedded platforms, e.g., CoreML (Vision Framework), etc.
Our employees, who have named themselves Mavericks and Farmers, are everything. Because of our ability to attract the most talented, intelligent, and creative technologists, scientists, artists, designers and business people across the world, Mav Farm naturally remains highly "unmanageable." In this unmanaged chaos, we have been delighted by the work that has been produced by these Mavericks and Farmers.
We have been lucky to recruit many creative, principled and hard working leaders and we hope to recruit many more in the future. We are a distributed collective of pioneers, a farm of mavericks, seeking both individual freedom and community. Mav Farm emphasizes creative exploration above everything else, which has helped us provide artists, creators, and businesses access to complete control over the universal distribution of their art, goods, and services.
Join us on our mission to free the universes' art!
Learn more about our about our hiring/interview process and a teaser about what it's like working at Mav Farm here.