Senior Fullstack Engineer (Web)
Los Angeles, CA / Remote /
Software & Engineering /
Mav Farm is a technology company headquartered in Los Angeles, California with a remote and distributed team, that designs and develops enterprise and consumer media, commerce, and financial software and services. We provide tools for artists, creators, app developers, and businesses to collaborate with one another to captivate audiences and human-machines in creative, engaging, and unobtrusive ways - that is, sans advertising. These creators are building media companies, brands and retail companies, tech companies, and all of the above together with Mav Farm. Mav Farm considers itself part e-commerce platform, part entertainment app, part business tool, part financial solution, and part social network, meeting multifaceted creator and audience needs through distinct yet synergistic features.
Mav Farm was founded with the goal of a fully decentralized peer-to-peer art, media and trade network - that is, to provide artists, creators, organizations and businesses access to and complete control of the universal decentralized distribution of their art, media and commerce.
There are over 600k users watching and shopping from over 500 of their favorite creators, cultural influencers, and brands. Not only is Mav Farm helping creators and businesses earn more for their efforts, but is also helping their audiences find new people, brands, and stories to engage with in unique and uncompromising ways.
We’re looking for a contract Senior Software Engineer to join our Web team at Mav Farm! As a member of our Web team, you will design and develop our enterprise- and consumer- facing applications which provide video, commerce, and advanced business analytics to many of the world's biggest brands, retailers and content publishers. You’ll partner with product, data science, and other engineering teams to develop clean, intuitive, and efficient features and applications. Our web-first approach will require experience developing web-based applications in React.
- Architect and build the UX for our embeddable shoppable video player and embeddable collection of products
- Partner with product owners, engineering leadership and other stakeholders to identify development priorities
- Work closely with UX/UI designers and product managers to consistently improve customer experiences
- Partner with other engineers to develop roadmaps for full stack architectural changes in support of long term goals
- Build secure interfaces which protect sensitive user and customer data
- Contribute to our internal Design System
- Create frontend tests (i.e., Cypress)
- Apply and promote good software engineering practices such as test automation, modularization, simplification
- 5+ years experience with ReactJs 16.12+, React hooks, and styled-components 5+
- 3+ years experience with Next.js (SSR)
- 3+ years of software development experience on enterprise or consumer web applications
- 2+ years experience with react-spring
- 2+ years experience with Docker
- Experience writing tests with front-end testing frameworks (i.e. Mocha, Chai, Cypress)
- Experience converting designs into responsive HTML5/CSS3 static code
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- A remote or LA-based developer with excellent English speaking skills
- A team player who can collaborate with engineers, designers, and other cross-functional teams
- 1+ year experience with React-Three-Fiber
- Experience building data visualizations (ex. D3.js)
Our employees, who have named themselves Mavericks and Farmers, are everything. Because of our ability to attract the most talented, intelligent, and creative technologists, scientists, artists, designers and business people across the world, Mav Farm naturally remains highly "unmanageable." In this unmanaged chaos, we have been delighted by the work that has been produced by these Mavericks and Farmers.
We have been lucky to recruit many creative, principled and hard working leaders and we hope to recruit many more in the future. We are a distributed collective of pioneers, a farm of mavericks, seeking both individual freedom and community. Mav Farm emphasizes creative exploration above everything else, which has helped us provide artists, creators, and businesses access to complete control over the universal distribution of their art, goods, and services.
Join us on our mission to free the universes' art!
Learn more about our about our hiring/interview process and a teaser about what it's like working at Mav Farm here.