Software Development Manager (Android)
Software Development Manager - Android platform
A technology brand across the globe.
Managing, leading, hiring, retaining and managing out talent
Develop and mentor your engineer team
Be a strategic leader with inspiration and vision
Less about hands on development and more about providing solutions to challenges and development roadblocks
We are seeking an extremely technical leader to lead X department. In this role, you will lead a large team that supplies the platform components that run on our customer's devices across multiple surfaces: phones, tablets, TV, and other platforms. You will directly impact team and also a global scale of users and communities.
You are an experienced leader that loves to ship products to our internal and external customers, while maintaining the high quality and security that is required for customer trust. You enjoy participating in architecture and code reviews, and have shown that you enjoy moving fast, working with customers, and delivering features with high frequency.
As the Software Development Manager you will:
· Obsess over creating world class customer experiences
· Champion large product initiatives from start to finish working across the company to achieve your goals
· Hire, develop, and lead a team of brilliant and passionate software engineers
· Thrive on taking ownership and doing whatever it takes to deliver results
· Use data as a guiding light to make decisions and validate assumptions
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
· 8+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience including 4+ years of engineering management experience
· Demonstrated ability to build and own large, complex systems
· Demonstrated ability to manage and develop high performing development teams
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions
· MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
· Android, iOS, and other mobile device development experience
· Passion for innovation and creating new solutions from the ground, up
· Street smarts and willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what is necessary to meet team goals
We offer excellent pay, generous stock and bonus plans, great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k with matching, and more. Relocation is available for qualified candidates.
· BS in Computer Science
· 8+ years professional experience in software development
· 4+ years in management experience
· Experience with building highly concurrent and scalable distributed services
· Fluency in one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
· Proficiency in big data ecosystems (Hadoop, Spark, Druid, etc.)