Operations – Underwriting
Veea Inc. (veea.com) has developed a platform for intelligent edge processing and communications, real-time and intelligent discovery, interaction, and commerce with the physical world around you through native mobile apps, Internet of Things (IoT) and the web. This platform bridges a major gap in the marketplace by providing a comprehensive end-to-end solution with cutting edge apps, devices and technologies for consumers, enterprises and retailers. Veea is currently delivering products for a range of verticals including Smart Retail, Smart Transportation, Smart Cities and Smart Buildings. Veea's highly experienced management team and Board members, who have been instrumental in creation of well-known tech sector companies, are providing the required funding and strategic relationships to Veea.
Veea is headquartered in New York City's Upper East Side and is a fully funded by industry veterans and private equity funds. Most of the current team of 40+ engineers hold a PhD or Master's Degrees in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science from top ranked universities. Veea currently has a number of openings to work alongside an experienced, dynamic and talented team with experienced leadership in an exciting company environment with a competitive compensation including early stage company stock options. Direct and meaningful involvement in building a game changing digital platform in a stimulating environment is the key attraction!
We are seeking an experienced underwriter to performs credit analysis and underwriting activities for VeeaPay, our payment processing solution.
The successful candidate will be able to perform duties under general supervision, applying knowledge of credit risk guidelines, within fundamental concepts, practices and procedures and demonstrate a high level of autonomy and independent judgment in making decisions and interacting effectively and positively with all levels of personnel, partners, and vendors as well as customers.
- Performs credit analysis and underwriting activities, evaluating financial position and credit worthiness, for prospective and existing commercial/merchant/portfolio accounts,
- Maintains and reviews current information on existing accounts.
- Reviews credit history to assess credit worthiness of new prospective clients.
- Ensures a balanced risk and revenue trade-off consistent with credit policy and loss target expectations.
- Investigations include the gathering of data from various sources & systems and interpreting the data.
- The analyst must also be able to communicate effectively and professionally with merchant business owners, Visa, MasterCard, Attorneys, acquirers, law enforcements, and credit card customers who make purchases at our client’s business.
- The position requires a high level of negotiation with customers about collateral requirements.
- A successful analyst must have the ability to identify trends in processing, read consumer credit reports as well as credit reports on businesses, and complete risk assessments and financial analysis.
- Review accounts for card brand compliance and submit registrations as required
- Create, distribute, and maintain periodic internal reports relating to underwriting and merchant account risk profiles
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance
- 5+ years underwriting merchant accounts (credit card);
- Solid analytical, negotiation and problem-solving skills
DESIRED AND BENEFICIAL SKILLS
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills: accuracy is essential
- Prior customer service experience a plus
- Ability to work in teams and autonomously and to handle multiple projects
- Performs moderately to high complex tasks.
- Position requires some evaluation or ingenuity.
- Time management skills are a must as well as good communication skills and negotiation ability.
- Ability to understand and apply risk management concepts; collect and analyze exposure and loss data, respond efficiently and effectively to internal and external requestsAbility to communicate effectively with our client and business partners