Senior Backend Developer
Engineering – Backend Development
Veea Inc. (veea.com) has developed a platform for intelligent edge processing and communications, real-time and intelligent discovery, interaction, and commerce with the physical world around you through native mobile apps, Internet of Things (IoT) and the web. This platform bridges a major gap in the marketplace by providing a comprehensive end-to-end solution with cutting edge apps, devices and technologies for consumers, enterprises and retailers. Veea is currently delivering products for a range of verticals including Smart Retail, Smart Transportation, Smart Cities and Smart Buildings. Veea's highly experienced management team and Board members, who have been instrumental in creation of well-known tech sector companies, are providing the required funding and strategic relationships to Veea.
Veea is headquartered in New York City's Upper East Side and is a fully funded by industry veterans and private equity funds. Most of the current team of 40+ engineers hold a PhD or Master's Degrees in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science from top ranked universities. Veea currently has a number of openings to work alongside an experienced, dynamic and talented team with experienced leadership in an exciting company environment with a competitive compensation including early stage company stock options. Direct and meaningful involvement in building a game changing digital platform in a stimulating environment is the key attraction!
Veea is an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking for seasoned Backend engineers to join our development team who have a passion for delivering great backend services and working through complex problems.
Candidates should have a strong and well-founded knowledge on large code bases, code style, structure, automated processes and product building. You will thrive here if you like to sweat over every little detail while being able to iterate quickly.
- Building scalable and distributed back-ends for Veea applications.
- Utilizing synchronous and asynchronous design, coding and testing patterns
- Developing the multi-tier scalable infrastructure for Veea products, that supports applications operating 24x7 in a reliable fashion
- Delivering programming commitments on time and produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- We are looking for candidates with a MS or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Operational Research.
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience in hands on development roles.
- Have experience in building highly concurrent distributed systems for online services at scale
- Experience developing service oriented architectures and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- Have project Lead experience
- Have a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Be a strong leader with a desire to mentor and lead people
- Strong communication skills
DESIRED & BENEFICIAL SKILLS
- Excellent analytical and math skills
- Ability to work in teams and autonomously
- Ability to write clean and concise code, especially in Java or Scala
- Strong CS fundamentals, including good working knowledge of MVC or MVVM architecture patterns
- Strong knowledge in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm, and problem solving
- Clear understanding of Java Play framework and good practical knowledge of Akka are highly valued
- Some experience with Apache Kafka and Hadoop/Spark is a plus
ADVANTAGES OF WORKING WITH US
- Opportunity to work alongside a young, dynamic and talented team with experienced leadership in an exciting start-up environment.
- Competitive compensation with an opportunities for early stage company stock options.
- Direct and meaningful involvement in building a game changing product in a fun and stimulating environment!