As the Community Manager, you will have the opportunity to join a fun, rapidly growing e-commerce start-up in the Bay Area. In this role you will assist our Director of Community and support our brand content and growth teams, as we expand and provide a rich and successful experience for our stylist community.
Your role will include managing our online community platform and engaging with our stylists on a day-to-day basis, helping to manage programs that benefit our stylist community (group chapters, mentorship programs, meet-ups), assisting with events, and collaborating closely with team members.
The ideal candidate needs to be quantitative, self-motivated, organized, and creative. You need to have a strong background in writing content, dealing with people, be detail oriented, and able to finish tasks without hand-holding. You must also have a start-up mentality: scrappy, self-sufficient, and able to learn and adapt quickly. Most importantly, you must have a great attitude and work well with others!
- Respond to stylist questions and concerns in our community platform
- Engage with stylists in and outside of the community in a professional, helpful and positive way
- Assisting with details for stylist centered events/ hair shows
- Support growth team in managing stylist projects
- Assisting with content creation to help stylists succeed (supporting in photoshoots, content projects, and focus groups)
- 2+ years of experience of professional content creation
- 2+ years community/customer engagement experience
- Great writing skills with a passion for great copy
- Excellent customer relations skills and good at diffusing difficult situations with a positive attitude
- Proven track record of finishing projects to completion with focus on the details
- A self-starter who is results-driven and eager to learn
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
Extra Skills that will be helpful to your role:
- E-commerce experience
- Basic photoshop (or alternate equivalent) abilities
- An interest in beauty, hair, and/or extensions