Mayvenn is looking for a hands-on early stage company minded manager to partner with the organization in our Downtown Oakland office. The position reports directly to the CFO and will manage one additional accountant. The ideal candidate is someone with a CPA skilled in managing an early stage company to strike the right balance between oversight and efficiency. A manager who desires to create, partner, oversee, and support the organization in key accounting functionality.
- Manage month end and year end close process
- Manage the day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, payroll, collections, inventory, fixed assets, general & entity accounting.
- Interface in conjunction with the CFO to outside audit firm, banks and lessors and credit card companies supporting strategic goals of the company.
- Coordinate/oversee internal reviews and audit requests
- Monitor and research accounting standards and technical issues affecting the company and ensure appropriate documentation and disclosure of the accounting impact
- Supervise the completion of Federal and State tax reporting requirements and other reports required by government regulation.
- Support monthly financial reporting and analysis
- Recommend and manage financial controls in accordance with GAAP and in alignment with the Company's history, culture and values
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of accounting policies, procedures and controls across the department.
- Proven working experience as Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor or Finance Manager
- BS Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA/Sitting for CPA experience a significant +
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Inventory based experience/CPG a plus
- Startup/Early Stage company experience a plus
- History with startup systems – Quickbooks, Expensify, Bill.com a plus
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft office; Excel especially
- Ability to direct and supervise
- Competitive Salary commensurate with skills and experience
- 100% Paid Medical
- 401k Match
- A respectful, diverse and supportive company culture
- Free coffee and snacks!