Senior Product Designer
At Mayvenn, we are creating the future of salon retail - one hairstylist at a time. Our mission is to empower hairstylists and salon professionals while changing the way people purchase hair extensions and interact with hair companies. We've experienced tremendous growth since our founding in 2013: our platform has grown into a nationwide movement of over 100,000+ stylists, hundreds of thousands of customers, and millions of dollars invested back into salons across the country.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to polishing final designs for launch. You will collaborate closely with our team of Engineers, Data Scientists, Designers, and Researchers throughout the design process—from crafting user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and you will own the experience for a wide area of the Mayvenn product. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our users
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Design detailed, pixel-perfect product user interfaces using Sketch
- Work closely with Product Managers, Engineers, and cross-disciplinary teams to oversee the user experience through all stages of design and development
- Gather and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to make sure your designs are not only solving a true customer problem but also doing it really well
- You are passionate about digital products. Have 5+ years of working experience in designing digital products from ideation to implementation
- Have a robust portfolio showcasing various stages of modern experience design, ranging from sketches to low-fidelity wireframes to high-fidelity prototypes & visual design
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Lo-fi & hi-fi prototyping skills and fluent in Sketch
- Demonstrate experience with agile end-to-end product design
- Passion for empowering people (our stylists!)
Why You’ll Love Working Here
We’re constantly building new products and services to revolutionize the beauty industry, and we are looking for people who are ready to make an impact every day. There are a wide variety of opportunities within our product from finding the best way to purchase hair extensions to increasing the value of a stylist.
The current team, although small, has a wide variety of backgrounds and is extremely collaborative. We have an amazing culture of genuinely caring about the customer and finding impactful ways to empower our stylists. We love coming to work everyday and solving the toughest problems.
In addition to offering ownership and achievement in your work, we offer competitive pay and benefits (health insurance, commuter benefits, 401K + match, etc.)