Sr. Financial Accountant
Mayvenn is looking for a Sr. Financial Accountant who will be located in our downtown Oakland office. The position reports directly to the Controller and will be the "right hand" to the Controller. The ideal candidate is someone capable of successfully managing a diverse set of responsibilities and initiatives in a high growth, fast-paced start-up environment. This a wonderful opportunity for the right person to join a dynamic company that is committed to innovation creativity and collaboration. This role will interact with all levels of the organization, including the Senior Management team.
- Assist with the month and year-end close process which includes compiling and preparing journal entries and accruals.
- Assist with the preparation of month-end and year-end financial statements.
- Reconcile accounts to verify the accuracy of journal entries to the general ledger.
- Manage the bi-weekly payroll process.
- Manage the accounts payable, accounts receivable and expense reporting processes, and ensuring compliance with company policies.
- Assist with the evaluation of the accounting treatment of complex transactions including but not limited to revenue recognition, leases and financing activities.
- Recommend and implement solutions to address complex accounting and financial reporting issues.
- Manage the preparation and filing of all tax returns and regulatory reporting (e.g., sales taxes, business license, etc.).
- Provides support on new business initiatives.
- Prepare and provide regular reporting to investors and other external stakeholders, as needed.
- Designs, implements and documents key controls, business process flows, etc. as needed.
- Works closely with the Controller to identify and document policies and policy changes as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required. CPA and/or MBA is preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of business experience in an accounting role within an e-commerce or retail business is ideal.
- Dynamic analytical, problem-solving and time management skills are a must to succeed in the role.
- Attention to detail and accuracy while meeting deadlines.
- Well-rounded finance operations background is helpful.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Expert knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must demonstrate an energetic, positive attitude and take pride in a job well done.
Competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience
100% paid Health + Dental + Vision Insurance
A respectful, diverse and supportive company culture
Free coffee and snacks!