Associate Product Manager
At Mayvenn, we are creating the future of salon retail - one hairstylist at a time. Our mission is to empower hairstylists and salon professionals while changing the way people purchase hair extensions and interact with hair companies. We've experienced tremendous growth since our founding in 2013: our platform has grown into a nationwide movement of over 100,000+ stylists, hundreds of thousands of customers, and millions of dollars invested back into salons across the country.
As an Associate Product Manager, you will have the opportunity to be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to following up and planning future iterations. You will collaborate closely with our team of Engineers, Data Scientists, Designers, and Researchers throughout the product design process—from crafting user stories and mocks to leading the launch of features to production. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, analytical, and communication skills, and you will own the experience for a wide area of the Mayvenn product. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
- Own delivery of product initiatives and releases
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our users
- Define, document, and communicate objectives, requirements and constraints for product initiatives and releases
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to edit the service and product
- Communicate development status and document progress toward milestones
- Prioritize and sequence product initiatives
- Perform market research, analysis, and user interviews
- You are passionate about digital products. Have 1+ years of working experience on product teams
- An entrepreneurial work style, you're a self-starter
- Excellent organization skills
- Natural leadership instincts with proven ability to innovate
- Ability to work well with designers and engineers
- An analytical and metrics driven work style
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior experience at a startup or consumer internet company
- Comfort in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Passion for empowering people (our stylists!)
Why You’ll Love Working Here
We’re constantly building new products and services to revolutionize the beauty industry, and we are looking for people who are ready to make an impact every day. There are a wide variety of opportunities within our product from finding the best way to purchase hair extensions to increasing the value of a stylist.
The current team, although small, has a wide variety of backgrounds and is extremely collaborative. We have an amazing culture of genuinely caring about the customer and finding impactful ways to empower our stylists. We love coming to work everyday and solving the toughest problems.
In addition to offering ownership and achievement in your work, we offer competitive pay and benefits (health insurance, commuter benefits, 401K + match, etc.)