Associate Community Specialist
At Mayvenn, we are creating the future of salon retail - one hairstylist at a time. Our mission is to empower hairstylists and salon professionals while changing the way people purchase hair extensions and interact with hair companies. We've experienced tremendous growth since our founding in 2013: our platform has grown into a nationwide movement of over 100,000+ stylists, hundreds of thousands of customers, and millions of dollars invested back into salons across the country.
As the Associate Community Specialist, you will have the opportunity to join a fun, rapidly growing e-commerce start-up in the Bay Area. In this role you will assist our Director of Community and support our entire growth team, as we expand and provide a rich and successful experience for our stylist community.
Your role will include helping to manage our online community platform and engaging with our stylists on a day-to-day basis, helping to manage programs that benefit our stylist community (group chapters, mentorship programs, meet-ups), assisting with events, and collaborating closely with team members.
The ideal candidate needs to be quantitative, self-motivated, organized, and creative. You need to have a strong background in writing content, dealing with people, be detail oriented, and able to finish tasks without hand-holding. You must also have a start-up mentality: scrappy, self-sufficient, and able to learn and adapt quickly. Most importantly, you must have a great attitude and work well with others!
- Respond to stylist questions and concerns in our community platform
- Engage with stylists in and outside of the community in a professional, helpful and positive way
- Assisting with details for stylist centered events/ hair shows
- Support growth team in managing stylist projects
- Assisting with content creation to help stylists succeed (supporting in photoshoots, content projects, and focus groups)
- 1+ years of experience of professional content creation
- 1+ years community/customer engagement experience
- Great writing skills with a passion for great copy
- Excellent customer relations skills and good at diffusing difficult situations with a positive attitude
- Proven track record of finishing projects to completion with focus on the details
- A self-starter who is results-driven and eager to learn
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
Extra Skills that will be helpful to your role
- E-commerce experience
- Basic photoshop (or alternate equivalent) abilities
- An interest in beauty, hair, and/or extensions
Why You’ll Love Working Here
We're constantly building new products and services to revolutionize the beauty industry, and we are looking for people who are ready to make an impact every day. There are a wide variety of opportunities within our product from finding the best way to purchase hair extensions to increasing the value of a stylist. The current team, although small, has a wide variety of backgrounds and is extremely collaborative. We have an amazing culture of genuinely caring about the customer and finding impactful ways to empower our stylists. We love coming to work every day and solving the toughest problems. In addition to offering ownership and achievement in your work, we offer competitive pay and benefits (health insurance, commuter benefits, 401K + match, etc.)