Mayvenn, the industry’s leading Black-owned online hair and service company, is looking for a motivated Content Manager to join our downtown Oakland-based Brand Marketing and Content team.
We’re in the middle of a re-branding and as we continue to take the beauty industry by storm, branded content is at the forefront of our business like never before. The ideal candidate is passionate about storytelling and the importance of brand presence and is comfortable working on a variety of projects. Our Content Manager must feel comfortable making data-driven content marketing decisions and be able to collaborate cross-functionally with different teams to fulfill a multitude of content strategy needs.
What you'll be doing:
- Report directly to the Director of Brand Marketing and Community
- Identify competitors and leaders in the space and distinguish which strategies would/wouldn't work with our own branding efforts
- Plan and execute a content strategy and calendar that drives high engagement
- Serve as editor-in-chief for all internal/external content to ensure quality, clarity, and consistency
- Stay updated on industry trends and adjust the content strategy as needed
- Self-starter with the ability to plan and strategize marketing content across channels
- Lead strategy on brand voice and positioning
- Work cross-functionally to monitor and create testing strategies for messaging optimization across channels
- Work closely with Director/team leader to complete branding and marketing projects
- Write and edit copy for external and internal communication efforts
- Support Product and Sales teams with SEO-friendly copy and product/program descriptions
- Write and edit copy for paid, organic social, and internal/external blog content
- Lead strategy for organic social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Manage blog and content contributors and influencers
- Write scripts for video and webinars
- Strategize and facilitate email copy
- Support Paid Social (Demand Gen) Marketing team with copy and assist with ad strategy/planning
- Support Creative team with copy, context, and content direction
- Support internal and external PR efforts with all necessary information, stats, and one-sheets
- Collaborate with product and sales managers to create and execute promotional concepts
More about you:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in content management and strategy
- 1 year of people management experience; display an aptitude for leading and teaching
- Writing samples (set the tone and voice for campaign work, social media pages, blogs, emails; anything they write on the side like interesting cultural pieces)
- Effective communicator. Must be comfortable expressing their opinions in a friendly, respectful manner and express ease in working within a group. You thrive on collaborative efforts.
- Self starter, not a lot of hand holding.
- Be nice. We have zero tolerance policy for toxicity.
- Able to think quickly on your feet. Must be able to shift gears quickly
- Must be organized. There are so many spinning plates.
- Must be able to work in our office in Oakland Full-Time
- Open to change. We're a fast-growing company you'll need to be open to accepting and working with constant change.
What we offer:
- Fun and amazing diverse culture
- 100% free medical
- 401k match
- Free snacks and drinks
- Paid holidays, paid time off and sick days
- Monthly staff events