Sr. UX Designer
Who we are
At Mayvenn, we are creating the future of salon retail--one hairstylist at a time. Our mission is to empower hairstylists and salon professionals while changing the way people purchase hair extensions and interact with hair companies. The African-American haircare industry grosses $9 billion annually, but the beauticians we entrust to make us look and feel good every single day aren't receiving the value they deserve: that's where we come in.
We've experienced tremendous growth since our founding in 2013: our platform has grown into a nationwide movement of over 50,000+ stylists, hundreds of thousands of customers, and millions of dollars invested back into salons across the country.
We’re a fun, passionate, and growing team based in both San Francisco and Oakland, with a huge focus on customer service and brand trust. Our group of insanely talented,
engaged, and ambitious problem solvers' love coming to work every day and have been the key to our success. As a result, demand is at an all-time high and we’re looking for
inspiring people to join us. If you're up for the challenge, we'd love to hear from you!
At Mayvenn UX Designers are relentless problem solvers, well versed in consumer style interactions, conventions, and patterns. They are equal parts UX Researcher, Visual Designer, Design Strategist, and Interaction Designer.
From brainstorming through implementation, the Senior UX Designer works closely with team members across multiple disciplines - from engineering to marketing to creative. A passionate storyteller, the Sr. UXD is experienced in story driven design methodology. A Sr. UXD at Mayvenn should have the ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex ideas into simple, context-aware, and elegant solutions. A highly effective communicator, the Sr. UXD can present rationale and provide recommendations from multiple viewpoints. You should be a self-starting, well organized, team player that is experienced navigating cross-functional organizational structures while catering to individual cross-functional team member needs.
- 5+ years experience designing for digital experiences
- Experience in agile and iterative design process
- An affinity for simple solutions to complex problems
- A full grasp of Responsive Display Behavior
- A natural collaborator
- A systematic thinker
- Highly empathetic, user-oriented, and insight driven
- Experience in balancing and meeting the needs of users and business objectives
- Excellent typography sensibilities and skills
- Excellent grasp of color theory and application
- Ability to produce high-fidelity, pixel perfect precise design comps
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Highly proficient in industry standard design tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Mobile commerce experience is a plus!
- Fluency in HTML and CSS is a plus!
- BFA/BS in Graphic Design, Service Design, HCI, Cog-Sci or equivalent; or equivalent professional experience.
Please provide a link/PDF of your portfolio, submissions without a portfolio will not be considered.