At Mayvenn, we are creating the future of salon retail - one hairstylist at a time. Our mission is to empower hairstylists and salon professionals while changing the way people purchase hair extensions and interact with hair companies. We've experienced tremendous growth since our founding in 2013: our platform has grown into a nationwide movement of over 50,000+ stylists, hundreds of thousands of customers, and millions of dollars invested back into salons across the country.
As a Product Manager at Mayvenn, you will be responsible for driving product initiatives from inception through execution. In this role you will collaborate closely with designers, engineers, analysts, and other cross-functional team members within the organization to ensure that our products amaze and delight our users.
- Own delivery of product initiatives and releases
- Write user narratives to imagine the experience a customer may have
- Define, document, and communicate objectives, requirements and constraints for product initiatives and releases
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to edit the service and product
- Communicate development status and document progress toward milestones
- Prioritize and sequence product initiatives
- Perform market research, analysis, and user interviews
- Natural leadership instincts with proven ability to innovate
- 2+ years of product management experience
- An entrepreneurial work style, you're a self-starter
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to work well with designers and engineers
- An analytical and metrics driven work style
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior experience at a startup or consumer internet company
- Comfort in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Passion for empowering people (our stylists!)
Why You’ll Love Working Here
We’re constantly building new products and services to revolutionize the beauty industry, and we are looking for people who are ready to make an impact every day. There are a wide variety of opportunity within our product from finding the best way to purchase hair extensions to increasing the value of a stylist
The current team, although small, has a wide variety of backgrounds and is extremely collaborative. We have an amazing culture of genuinely caring about the customer and finding impactful ways to empower our stylists. We love coming to work everyday and solving the toughest problems.
In addition to offering ownership and achievement in your work, we offer competitive pay and benefits (health insurance, commuter benefits, 401K + match, etc.)