MBK Industrial Properties
MBK Real Estate (MBK) is an industry leader in real estate operations and development. Through its subsidiaries, MBK Rental Living, MBK Industrial Properties and MBK Senior Living, MBK Real Estate is renowned for building award-winning new home and apartment communities, state-of-art distribution facilities and for its reputation in providing exceptional high standards of service throughout its senior living communities.
MBK is a privately held real estate development firm with roots in the business dating back to 1996. MBK's extensive activities through its operating divisions, along with the size and scale of our development and building activities represent the continuation and commitment to American enterprise.
We are currently looking for a Development Manager for MBK Industrial Properties.
- Oversees, directs and responsible for due diligence, entitlement, plan development, budgeting, implementation, scheduling, and oversight of construction and value-add projects from conception to completion.
- Communicates directly with senior management concerning project cost, staffing, and scheduling.
- Manages, as required, any development partner relationships.
- Responsible for ensuring efficient departmental administrative functions.
Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for project specific due diligence items.
- Constructively engages with architect, civil engineer, geo tech and other due diligence consultants to determine feasibility of subject development.
- Prepares and creates project budgets and schedules during due-diligence based upon available project information.
- Coordinates with Senior Management to update project proforma for project cost and timing.
- Oversees project management of development approval including oversight of entitlement consultant, review of technical studies and interface with municipal staff. Direct responsibility for obtaining all permits, other discretionary approvals, licenses and bonds as necessary.
- Responsible for directing the development of project construction documents subject to the senior management approval of plans.
- Assumes responsibility for cost, schedule, quality and budget control of assigned projects, as applicable. Initiate and coordinate pre-construction with select GC’s.
- Understands and communicates project conditions, budgets, schedules, agreements and jurisdictional requirements to senior management and joint venture partners.
- Review and comment on the development aspects of specific Purchase Agreements.
- Assist in the mentoring and professional development of Project Managers and Administrative staff.
- Leads organizational working groups to stream line processes and procedures.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Seven years prior experience as a Project Manager for an industrial developer or general contractor.
- Extensive experience working with a variety of jurisdictional agencies, including Cities, Counties, Water Boards, Cal Trans, USACE, DTSC, etc.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- MBA or Masters in Urban Planning preferred.
- Must be team-oriented.
- Must be mobile and able to perform the physical requirements of the job, bending, kneeling, stooping, pushing, pulling and repetitive motion
- Ability to sit and work at a computer for long periods of time
- Able to move intermittently throughout the work day and between divisions
- Ability to lift/carry up to 30 lbs. and push up to 20lbs. as necessary
We offer a rich benefit package including; competivie salaries, 401k retirement plan with employer matching, comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, and paid time off.
If you are ready to meet the challenges of this critical role, we want to hear from you!