Thousand Oaks, CA /
Dining Services – Restaurant Manager /
Working at MBK Senior Living is more than a job-it is an opportunity to enrich the lives of seniors, their families, the professionals that serve them plus be a part of a dynamic and growing team! Our positions provide the opportunity for associates to share their passion and dedication while making a difference in the lives of our storied residents every day.
We are currently seeking Restaurant Manager for our community, The Reserve at Thousand Oaks.
The Restaurant Manager is responsible for directing service in the restaurant, assigning wait staff to sections, seating residents, providing beverage service, enforcing the dress code among the wait staff, and assisting in all restaurant operations as needed. They will provide direction to hosts and servers and plan, coordinate and implement special events.
Essential Job Duties
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains hosts and servers
- Directs hosts and servers in the daily operation and cleaning of the restaurant and server
- Determines needs for departmental
- Performs financial duties to include managing monthly operating budget and participating in the development of the annual
- Partners with the Executive Chef on menu development and menu presentation, conducting plate waste studies, and monitoring meal delivery
- Communicates policies and mentors team
- Ensures that the restaurant is clean and suitable for meal service prior to the beginning of
- Promptly reports or addresses any unsafe conditions or equipment problems.
- Ensures that each resident’s meal is accounted
- Delegates service tasks to the
- Recognizes and understands the needs of the department and reports concerns to the Assistant General Manager/ General
- Assists with preparing meals for special
- Properly stores food and
- Uses cleaners and other hazardous materials according to department procedure.
- Promptly reports any unsafe conditions or
- Increases team member recognition and rewards through promotion of INSPIRE and leadership awards
- Attends and participates in training, in-services, and team member meetings as
- Understands and is able to implement all emergency plans including fire, earthquake and other Assists in monthly training for team members and yearly evacuation plans for team members and residents.
- Performs other duties as
- This position has some direct reports and serves as a coach and mentor for other positions in the
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal service; including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Ability to lead; demonstrate awareness of team dynamic, inventory, safety, cleanliness, and budgeting
- Skilled communicator: ability to effectively convey information verbally and in writing
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience handling food and practicing proper sanitation methods
- Experience managing team members in a restaurant and/or dinning setting
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical demands include: sitting, standing, walking, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, climbing stairs, grasping, manual dexterity, vision acuity, color vision, tasting/smelling, and feeling.
- The minimum of pounds determined to be appropriate for a restaurant manager to lift with or without reasonable accommodations are
MBK Senior Living is a dynamic, growing company that opened its first senior living community in 2004. We currently have thirty-three communities in six states.
As an MBK community associate, you will enjoy the genuine spirit of caring and collaboration that makes each of our communities so well respected within their local neighborhood. In addition, you will become part of an ever increasing community of professionals who have the passion and dedication of building meaningful relationships with our residents and their families now and for years to come.
We offer a rich benefits package comprising of the following: competitive salaries with opportunities for growth; 401(k) retirement plan with up to 4% employer matching; comprehensive industry leading medical, dental and vision insurance; company-provided life, disability and AD&D insurance; flexible spending accounts, generous paid time off including vacation and sick time, holidays, and bereavement leave; and a variety of programs including leadership development, training, and personal coaching; education loan assistance and scholarships; daily living, financial and legal services; childcare and eldercare assistance; employee discounts; and health and wellness resources that include virtual yoga, mindfulness, and financial readiness for employees and their family members.
If you are ready to meet the challenges of this critical role, we want to hear from you!
All associates prior to commencing employment and once employed must not be considered an “Excluded Party” as defined by the Medicare and state Medicaid Programs as well as other federal and state government contract programs. If as an associate you learn you are an Excluded Party, you must present your Excluded Party notice letter to your supervisor immediately. An Excluded Party is a person that the federal or state government found not eligible to provide care and services in a Community that receives Medicare or Medicaid funding. In addition, at all times, during your employment, all associates must be in compliance with certain laws and regulations that affect the company, including but not limited to Resident Rights, HIPAA, State licensing regulations, and those laws relating you an associates’ professional license.