Santa Rosa, CA /
Dining Services – Cook /
Working at MBK Senior Living is more than a job-it is an opportunity to enrich the lives of seniors, their families, the professionals that serve them plus be a part of a dynamic and growing team! Our positions provide the opportunity for associates to share their passion and dedication while making a difference in the lives of our storied residents every day.
We are currently seeking a Cook at Oakmont Gardens located in Santa Rosa, CA.
The responsibilities of the cook are to properly prepare all food items in accordance with the recipes and planned menus provided and to oversee the Dining Services Department under direction from the Director of Dining Services. Must be available week-ends
Essential Job Duties
- Arrive to work on time and prepared for your shift. 100%
- Prepare all food items in accordance with planned menus and recipes provided and ensuring the meals are appetizing, nutritional, and meets and special dietary requests or requirements. 100%
- Ensure all food is served at the correct temperature and charted as such. 5%
- Ensure there is proper plate presentation. 5%
- Consult with the Director of Dining Services on any menu changes or substations. 5%
- Ensure food storage areas are clean and organized at all times. 100%
- Prepare food in accordance with all governmental, sanitary, and dietitian regulations as well as established policies and procedures. Report any infractions to Director of Dining Services Director immediately. 100%
- Take care of food orders when they arrive in a timely manner. 10%
- Dispose of food and waste in accordance with established policies.5%
- Ensure all leftovers are properly stored, labeled, and dated. 5%
- Record temperatures of refrigerators, Freezers, and dishwashers. 5%
- Responsible for cleanliness of the kitchen and dining areas. 100%
- May supervise servers, and dishwashers. 100%
- Prepare upcoming menu items ensuring they are stocked, and pulled as directed by recipes. 30%
- Responsible for safe storage and efficient use of all items within the kitchen’s inventory. 100%
- Promote a positive and friendly team work attitude. 100%
- Preform other duties as assigned by the Director of Dining Services, Lead Cook and or Executive Director. 10%
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Age over 18 years.
- Background clearance as required by government regulations.
- Retain a Current Food handlers permit.
- Minimum of two years’ experience cooking.
- Negative TB test results.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to speak, write and read English.
- Ability to operate computer, necessary software programs ( word, email, excel), scanners, copiers, and fax machines.
- Ability to be professional at all times with other associates, residents, family members, and visitors
- Must be able to lift/and push 50lbs
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout day and throughout community
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
MBK Senior Living is a dynamic, growing company that opened its first senior living community in 2004. We currently have thirty-three communities in six states.
As an MBK community associate, you will enjoy the genuine spirit of caring and collaboration that makes each of our communities so well respected within their local neighborhood. In addition, you will become part of an ever increasing community of professionals who have the passion and dedication of building meaningful relationships with our residents and their families now and for years to come.
We offer a rich benefits package comprising of the following: competitive salaries with opportunities for growth; 401(k) retirement plan with up to 4% employer matching; comprehensive industry leading medical, dental and vision insurance; company-provided life, disability and AD&D insurance; flexible spending accounts, generous paid time off including vacation and sick time, holidays, and bereavement leave; and a variety of programs including leadership development, training, and personal coaching; education loan assistance and scholarships; daily living, financial and legal services; childcare and eldercare assistance; employee discounts; and health and wellness resources that include virtual yoga, mindfulness, and financial readiness for employees and their family members.
If you are ready to meet the challenges of this critical role, we want to hear from you!
All associates prior to commencing employment and once employed must not be considered an “Excluded Party” as defined by the Medicare and state Medicaid Programs as well as other federal and state government contract programs. If as an associate you learn you are an Excluded Party, you must present your Excluded Party notice letter to your supervisor immediately. An Excluded Party is a person that the federal or state government found not eligible to provide care and services in a Community that receives Medicare or Medicaid funding. In addition, at all times, during your employment, all associates must be in compliance with certain laws and regulations that affect the company, including but not limited to Resident Rights, HIPAA, State licensing regulations, and those laws relating you an associates’ professional license.