Huntington Beach,CA /
Dining Services – Cook /
At MBK Senior Living, we're committed to putting people first – our residents and team members. Exceeding expectations and enriching lives drives our day-to-day. And it's all powered by Yoi Shigoto, a Japanese concept that translates to "good, quality work." It's more than a mantra. It's part of our company-wide commitment to build trust, set high standards, and develop potential in ourselves and others!
Whether you're looking for a flexible, part-time job or the pathway to a lasting career, you'll find it here at MBK Senior Living–and a whole lot more! When you join the MBK Senior Living team, you'll enjoy:
-Impacting lives and building lasting relationships
-Executing exceptional signature programs in dining, fitness, wellness, and care
-A supportive community team that encourages personal and professional growth and celebrates your
-A fun-filled, energetic environment that's centered in hospitality and high-quality service
-Professional development, training, and personal coaching through our Mentor, Buddy, and Executive
Director in Training Programs
-Education loan assistance & scholarships
-Financial and legal services
-Team Member discounts
-Health and Wellness resources
Full-time benefits include:
-Rich benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k matching up to 4%
-Childcare and eldercare assistance
-Flexible spending accounts
If you're looking for a place where you can make an impact, find purpose and joy, and receive the training, tools, and support to reach your career goals – look no further, apply today!
We are currently seeking a Cook for our Huntington Terrace community in Huntington Beach, CA.
Schedule - Part-time
(Saturday - Monday)
The responsibilities of the cook are to properly prepare all food items in accordance with the recipes and planned menus provided and to oversee the Dining Services Department under direction from the Executive Chef.
Essential Job Duties
- Arrive to work on time and prepared for your shift. 100%
- Prepare all food items in accordance with planned menus and recipes provided and ensuring the meals are appetizing, nutritional, and meets and special dietary requests or requirements. 100%
- Ensure all food is served at the correct temperature and charted as such. 5%
- Ensure there is proper plate presentation. 5%
- Consult with the Executive Chef on any menu changes or substations. 5%
- Ensure food storage areas are clean and organized at all times. 100%
- Prepare food in accordance with all governmental, sanitary, and dietitian regulations as well as established policies and procedures. Report any infractions to your Executive Chef immediately. 100%
- Take care of food orders when they arrive in a timely manner. 10%
- Dispose of food and waste in accordance with established policies.5%
- Ensure all leftovers are properly stored, labeled, and dated. 5%
- Record temperatures of refrigerators, Freezers, and dishwashers. 5%
- Responsible for cleanliness of the kitchen and dining areas. 100%
- May supervise servers, and dishwashers. 100%
- Prepare upcoming menu items ensuring they are stocked, and pulled as directed by recipes. 30%
- Responsible for safe storage and efficient use of all items within the kitchen’s inventory. 100%
- Promote a positive and friendly team work attitude. 100%
- Preform other duties as assigned by the Director of Dining Services, Lead Cook and or Executive Director. 10%
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Age over 18 years.
- Background clearance as required by government regulations.
- Retain a Current Food handlers permit.
- Minimum of two years’ experience cooking.
- Negative TB test results.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to speak, write and read English.
- Ability to operate computer, necessary software programs ( word, email, excel), scanners, copiers, and fax machines.
- Ability to be professional at all times with other associates, residents, family members, and visitors
- Must be able to lift/and push 50lbs
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout day and throughout community
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
Inspiring people, creating experiences, and supporting goals are just a few ways MBK Senior Living creates a positive work environment. It's how we support our team members, serve our residents, and achieve our pursuit – to be the senior living provider of choice in each market we serve.
MBK Senior Living has pursued this goal for more than 30 years. Currently, the company owns and operates 35 Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care services in senior living communities throughout the Western United States. We’re proud to have been ranked among the Top 50 "Best Workplaces in Aging Services" by Fortune magazine and certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work Institute since 2017.
Mandated Vaccine Information:
Due to the nature of the company’s circumstances and business, MBK is mandating the Covid Vaccine for all employees unless team members have a religious or medical accommodation
All Team Members prior to commencing employment and once employed must not be considered an “Excluded Party” as defined by the Medicare and state Medicaid Programs as well as other federal and state government contract programs. If as an associate you learn you are an Excluded Party, you must present your Excluded Party notice letter to your supervisor immediately. An Excluded Party is a person that the federal or state government found not eligible to provide care and services in a Community that receives Medicare or Medicaid funding. In addition, at all times, during your employment, all associates must be in compliance with certain laws and regulations that affect the company, including but not limited to Resident Rights, HIPAA, State licensing regulations, and those laws relating you an associates’ professional license.