Clearfield, UT /
Wellness Programming – MBK Fit Instructor /
At MBK Senior Living, we're committed to putting people first – our residents and team members. Exceeding expectations and enriching lives drives our day-to-day. And it's all powered by Yoi Shigoto, a Japanese concept that translates to "good, quality work." It's more than a mantra. It's part of our company-wide commitment to build trust, set high standards, and develop potential in ourselves and others!
Whether you're looking for a flexible, part-time job or the pathway to a lasting career, you'll find it here at MBK Senior Living–and a whole lot more! When you join the MBK Senior Living team, you'll enjoy:
-Impacting lives and building lasting relationships
-Executing exceptional signature programs in dining, fitness, wellness, and care
-A supportive community team that encourages personal and professional growth and celebrates your
-A fun-filled, energetic environment that's centered in hospitality and high-quality service
-Professional development, training, and personal coaching through our Mentor, Buddy, and Executive
Director in Training Programs
-Education loan assistance & scholarships
-Financial and legal services
-Team Member discounts
-Health and Wellness resources
Full-time benefits include:
-Rich benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k matching up to 4%
-Childcare and eldercare assistance
-Flexible spending accounts
If you're looking for a place where you can make an impact, find purpose and joy, and receive the training, tools, and support to reach your career goals – look no further, apply today!
We are currently seeking an MBKfit Instructor at our community, Chancellor Gardens at Clearfield in Clearfield, Utah.
Develop, plan and instruct group fitness, individual fitness and wellness programs for residents or guests. Ensure programming is a combination of activities and education opportunities for persons for both inside and outside the community.
Essential Job Duties
- Creates a positive, fun and safe atmosphere that promotes social, intellectual, emotional, spiritual and physical growth for older adults that supports Mind Body Konnection program
- Interacts in a positive, empathetic, tactful manner with older adults, their families, referral sources, and the community-at-large while exemplifying positive energy and teamwork through the performance of daily duties.
- Speaks at resident council or town hall forums on MBKFit programming and health topics.
- Works toward maintaining each resident’s self-respect, resident rights, dignity and personal safety.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of senior living
- Promptly reports any unsafe conditions or equipment.
- Ensure MBKFit forms are completed and signed by each Gym, Aquatic, Class and/or Program Participant prior to start date.
- Maintain program attendance records, mini-cognitive scores, progress reports, labor/supply costs and all other pertinent files/forms in an organized and easily reviewable manner
- Ensures that adequate equipment and supplies are ordered and available in a timely manner for all planned programming while adhering to the developed monthly budget and expense policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and complies with state regulations as they apply to older adult health and this job description.
- Provides stimulating activities with a wellness/brain fitness focus for residents based on individual needs, strengths and interests.
- Promotes program goals and objectives and educational series via the daily and monthly calendar.
- Motivates and coaches residents to participate in daily activities
- Report all incidents and accidents.
- Follow all community fire, safety and infection control practices.
- Attend and participate in training, in-services, and team member meetings.
- Adhere to MBK’s Service Standards at all times.
- Adherence to MBK’s safety protocols at all times.
- Will assume all other duties as assigned.
- Group Fitness
- Plans, coordinates, implements, and directs all aspects of Group Fitness Classes within the community.
- Implements balance and fall prevention programming.
- Offers at least one of the following group fitness classes in some capacity: standing strength, seated strength, balance class, yoga.
- Capable of maintaining and recruiting one-on-one training clientele.
- Responsible for adhering to monthly-budgeted income goals.
- Compiles input from residents to tailor group fitness programming for the community.
- Successfully advertises group fitness classes to residents, families and the community through promotional programs and events.
- Personal training:
- Plans, coordinates, implements, and directs all aspects of personal Fitness training within the community.
- Works with PT and OT to help set up training plan for residents
- Successfully advertises personal training to residents, families and the community.
Knowledge and Skills
- Service: empathy for the customer, displays excellent customer service skills, and ability to build relationships
- Communication: ability to read written direction, comprehend verbal instructions, and write at a level necessary to accomplish the job successfully
- Teamwork: ability to work collaboratively
- Planning/Organizing: results driven achiever, detail oriented, ability to implement projects and tasks within time frames
- Attendance: ability to arrive promptly and maintain regular attendance
- Computer: proficient user of Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Degree and/or experience in Kinesiology, Physical Education, Recreational Therapy, Group Fitness Instructor, Personal Trainer, or Gerontology
- One (1) year experience in conducting older adult group activities, lesson planning, and evaluating the needs of others
- First Aid and CPR certificate
- Physical Demands include: Sitting, Standing, Walking, Climbing Stairs, Reaching, Bending, Grasping, Pushing, Pulling, Kneeling, Visual Acuity, Hearing and Manual Dexterity.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- The minimum of pounds determined to be appropriate for an MBKFit Instructor to lift with or without reasonable accommodations are
Inspiring people, creating experiences, and supporting goals are just a few ways MBK Senior Living creates a positive work environment. It's how we support our team members, serve our residents, and achieve our pursuit – to be the senior living provider of choice in each market we serve.
MBK Senior Living has pursued this goal for more than 30 years. Currently, the company owns and operates 38 Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care services in senior living communities throughout the Western United States. We’re proud to have been ranked among the Top 50 "Best Workplaces in Aging Services" by Fortune magazine and certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work Institute since 2017.
MBK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected reason. Our company is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for qualifying individuals in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact email@example.com.
Regulatory Disclosures for Senior Living Communities with Medicaid Residents: An “Excluded Party” is a person that the federal or state government found not eligible to provide care and services in a facility that receives Medicare or Medicaid funding. If employed at one of our senior living communities that receives Medicare or Medicaid funding, team members must not be considered an “Excluded Party” as defined by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, any state Medicaid Programs, and any additional federal and state government contract programs. If, as a team member, you learn that you are an Excluded Party at any time, you must present your Excluded Party notice letter to your supervisor immediately.
Other Regulatory Requirements: If employed at one of our senior living communities, team members must continually comply with certain laws and regulations that impact the company, including, but not limited to, as applicable, state licensing regulations, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), Resident Rights as defined by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and any other federal or state laws relating to team members’ professional licenses.