Greenwood Village, CO /
Housekeeping – Housekeeper /
At MBK Senior Living, we're committed to putting people first – our residents and team members. Exceeding expectations and enriching lives drives our day-to-day. And it's all powered by Yoi Shigoto, a Japanese concept that translates to "good, quality work." It's more than a mantra. It's part of our company-wide commitment to build trust, set high standards, and develop potential in ourselves and others!
Whether you're looking for a flexible, part-time job or the pathway to a lasting career, you'll find it here at MBK Senior Living–and a whole lot more! When you join the MBK Senior Living team, you'll enjoy:
-Impacting lives and building lasting relationships
-Executing exceptional signature programs in dining, fitness, wellness, and care
-A supportive community team that encourages personal and professional growth and celebrates your
-A fun-filled, energetic environment that's centered in hospitality and high-quality service
-Professional development, training, and personal coaching through our Mentor, Buddy, and Executive
Director in Training Programs
-Education loan assistance & scholarships
-Financial and legal services
-Team Member discounts
-Health and Wellness resources
Full-time benefits include:
-Rich benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k matching up to 4%
-Childcare and eldercare assistance
-Flexible spending accounts
If you're looking for a place where you can make an impact, find purpose and joy, and receive the training, tools, and support to reach your career goals – look no further, apply today!
We are currently seeking a Housekeeper for our community, The Inn at Greenwood Village, in Greenwood Village, CO!
**$500 SIGN-ON BONUS** (Given 30 days after employment)
The Housekeeper is responsible for cleaning all of the resident apartments, public areas and work areas within guidelines, policies and procedures of the community. May be directed by the Executive Director, Director of Environmental Services, Director of Housekeeping or other designee of the Executive Director. Must demonstrate superior customer service and maintain the high standard of cleanliness that has been established for the community.
Essential Job Duties
- Clean all resident apartments, common areas and offices of the property to assure the building is clean at all times (includes, but is not limited to: furnishings, fixtures, ledges, room heating/cooling units, bathroom fixtures – bathtubs, toilets, showers, sinks, windows/mirrors, blinds, shutters, etc., in resident apartments; public bathroom areas, entrance/exit ways, recreational areas; floors to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting, etc.; carpets to include vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, and disinfecting; walls and ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc.; remove dirt, dust, grease, film, etc. from surfaces using proper cleaning and disinfecting solutions; hallways, stairways, and elevators; and discard waste/trash into proper containers and replace trash receptacle liners, etc.). 100%
- Ensure that all appropriate caution/safety signs are properly set up and posted prior to performing duties that could cause slips/falls or any other safety risks, and taken down when job is completed and risk has been removed 100%
- Report any health, safety and /or sanitation concerns to the supervisor; including reporting any apartment repairs or conditions that need attention by other departments 20%
- Follow the work/cleaning schedules as closely as practical 100%
- Monitor and remove all trash and waste from inside areas of community to designated trash cans/areas with continued monitoring throughout shift 20%
- Keep work areas attractive and free of hazardous objects such as protruding mop/broom handles, and unnecessary equipment – putting all equipment away as soon as the job that requires it is finished 20%
- Use all appropriate safety and protective equipment and supplies when handling hazardous waste and/or chemicals
- Follow all established PPE (personal protective equipment) policies when handling chemicals and/or cleaning; including wearing gloves, masks, aprons, etc. 100%
- Follow all established techniques, procedures and policies for properly storing, using and mixing chemicals, disinfectants, and solutions used for cleaning, and for the proper disposal of waste 100%
- Lock and control all housekeeping supplies and carts making sure that chemicals and/or hazardous materials are not left unattended, or accessible to residents or visitors 20%
- Follow established policies governing the use of labels and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) 100%
- Assist in the marketing of the community by always displaying a positive and professional image through actions and dress and according to the MBK principles and core values 100%
- Encourage teamwork through open communication with co-workers and other departments 100%
- Display tact and friendliness when dealing with residents, families, and guests 100%
- Perform other duties as consistent with the position and as assigned by the Director of Environmental Services , Director of Ho
Non-Essential Job Duties
- May need to assist in the moving of residents during emergency situations
- Dust, fluff, and straighten all furniture in public areas to ensure cleanliness and safety
- Age 18 or over, or have the proper work permit and work authorization documentation
- High school diploma or GED
- Background clearances as required by government regulations
- Complete a health screening and provide negative TB test results (must be within the last 6 months or within 7 days of employment)
- Prior housekeeping experience preferred but on the job training is available for candidates with the right attitude and desire
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Ability to interact effectively with people of different ages and backgrounds
- Ability to use standard cleaning equipment consistent with the position
- Must be mobile and able to execute the physical demands of the housekeeping position; including but not limited to standing for long periods of time, bending, kneeling, stooping, pushing, pulling, repetitive motion, etc.
- Must be able to lift cleaning equipment and products of 40+ pounds. Requires frequent carrying, pushing and pulling of cleaning supplies and carts.
$17 - $18 an hour
Full time position , Salary offered is $17.00 to $18.00 an hour depending on experience.
Current shift available is Wednesday to Sunday with Thursday and Friday off from 7am to 330pm
Inspiring people, creating experiences, and supporting goals are just a few ways MBK Senior Living creates a positive work environment. It's how we support our team members, serve our residents, and achieve our pursuit – to be the senior living provider of choice in each market we serve.
MBK Senior Living has pursued this goal for more than 30 years. Currently, the company owns and operates 38 Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care services in senior living communities throughout the Western United States. We’re proud to have been ranked among the Top 50 "Best Workplaces in Aging Services" by Fortune magazine and certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work Institute since 2017.
MBK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected reason. Our company is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for qualifying individuals in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regulatory Disclosures for Senior Living Communities with Medicaid Residents: An “Excluded Party” is a person that the federal or state government found not eligible to provide care and services in a facility that receives Medicare or Medicaid funding. If employed at one of our senior living communities that receives Medicare or Medicaid funding, team members must not be considered an “Excluded Party” as defined by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, any state Medicaid Programs, and any additional federal and state government contract programs. If, as a team member, you learn that you are an Excluded Party at any time, you must present your Excluded Party notice letter to your supervisor immediately.
Other Regulatory Requirements: If employed at one of our senior living communities, team members must continually comply with certain laws and regulations that impact the company, including, but not limited to, as applicable, state licensing regulations, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), Resident Rights as defined by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and any other federal or state laws relating to team members’ professional licenses.