Director of Sales
Mesa, AZ /
Sales – Director of Sales /
At MBK Senior Living, we're committed to putting people first – our residents and team members. Exceeding expectations and enriching lives drives our day-to-day. And it's all powered by Yoi Shigoto, a Japanese concept that translates to "good, quality work." It's more than a mantra. It's part of our company-wide commitment to build trust, set high standards, and develop potential in ourselves and others!
Whether you're looking for a flexible, part-time job or the pathway to a lasting career, you'll find it here at MBK Senior Living–and a whole lot more! When you join the MBK Senior Living team, you'll enjoy:
-Impacting lives and building lasting relationships
-Executing exceptional signature programs in dining, fitness, wellness, and care
-A supportive community team that encourages personal and professional growth and celebrates your
-A fun-filled, energetic environment that's centered in hospitality and high-quality service
-Professional development, training, and personal coaching through our Mentor, Buddy, and Executive
Director in Training Programs
-Education loan assistance & scholarships
-Financial and legal services
-Team Member discounts
-Health and Wellness resources
Full-time benefits include:
-Rich benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k matching up to 4%
-Childcare and eldercare assistance
-Flexible spending accounts
If you're looking for a place where you can make an impact, find purpose and joy, and receive the training, tools, and support to reach your career goals – look no further, apply today!
Are you a sales dynamo? Do you love creating relationships? Do you love listening and developing connections based on what you discover about people? Do you have a heart for older adults? Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others every single day?
If so, we might be looking for YOU!
We are currently seeking a Director of Sales at our community, Sky Vista. The schedule is Tuesday through Saturday.
The Director of Sales embodies Yoi Shigoto, “the good work,” by driving the sales efforts and outcomes of the senior living community, which includes managing inquiries, tours, professional referral development, first impressions, and understanding market trends and updates. The Director of Sales position is incredibly important for setting the stage of MBK Senior Living as the senior living provider of choice from the very first initial contact. The characteristics that a successful Director of Sales at MBK Senior Living possesses are empathy, curiosity, drive, commitment, passion, and ability to create lasting relationships, with both prospects and professionals. At MBK Senior Living, we are deeply rooted in our traditions for caring, embracing the Japanese culture of respect and honor for those who paved the way for us. It is truly our privilege and calling to care for, serve and honor our MBK residents and their families.
With Yoi Shigoto as the driving force at MBK Senior Living, our team members and residents bring to life MBK’s culture of care to have an impact on one another, families and more. Imagine dropping a stone in a lake. More than a single splash, one action ripples out all the way to the outermost edges. Similarly, each act of Yoi Shigoto or “good work” ripples out and extends beyond oneself, to impact residents, team members, as well as our local community, and ultimately to the entire world. As a Director of Sales, you are a key component to the “good work” happening every day at MBK Senior Living.
- Responsible for driving the sales efforts and outcomes of the senior living community, which includes managing inquiries, tours, professional referral development, first impressions, and understanding market trends and updates.
- Completes thorough and detailed database management within the CRM in real-time, and personalizes all follow-up communications with prospects and professionals, as well as meets or exceeds company expectations for daily and weekly sales activities, documented in the database.
- Deeply supports a commitment to “yoi shigoto,” or “the good work,” understanding that it’s more than a mantra or a service program, it is part of MBK’s overall commitment to building trust, setting high standards, developing the full potential in ourselves and others, contributing to society and doing the right thing – always!
- Assists with training the community team in maintaining positive first impressions, handling inquiry calls, and completing effective tours with prospects and professionals.
- Upholds exceptional customer service and hospitality when communicating with residents, team members, and visitors.
- Utilizes empathy, concern and professionalism while interacting with all prospects and their families.
- Collaborates and leads with a spirit of teamwork and presents a consistent professional and positive image.
- Works closely with the Executive Director to ensure that all community team members understand that sales is everyone’s responsibility. Helps conduct training where necessary and needed to deploy and maintain this philosophy.
- Conducts daily community walk-through to ensure the community, including model apartment(s), is ready for visitors, especially prospects and professionals.
- Identifies, establishes and maintains positive relationships with professional referral sources and key community and strategic partners to ensure on-going referrals and continued opportunities to promote the community and attract residents.
- Creates, updates and manage quarterly Marketing Plan in collaboration with the Executive Director - to generate new leads, advance current leads, build relationships with referral sources and close sales.
- Attends, coordinates, and sponsors community networking functions (both within and outside the community) to continually promote the positive and professional image of our community, while accurately representing our services and culture of ”yoi-shigoto.”
- Develops an understanding of annual operating budgets, revenue generation and value pricing.
- Maintains current knowledge of the local market trends and competitors to assist in developing and executing effective sales and marketing plans.
- Determines additional opportunities for increased revenue, i.e. increased Community Fees in specific apartments and neighborhoods, increased rates for services and/or increased apartment rents based on competitor information.
- Develops sales strategies to sell open apartments, i.e., pricing promotions, marketing opportunities and referral sources to target appropriate leads.
- Communicates effectively and often with Executive Director, Regional Director of Sales, Regional Director of Operations, and Vice President of Sales & Marketing.
- Confirms that all promotional materials and communication (written & verbal) developed in accordance with the MBK principles, core values and with a professional image.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- College degree or relevant experience required
- Sales and Marketing experience is preferred, with a successful track record
- Background clearances (as required by government regulations) are mandatory
- Must complete a health screening and provide negative TB test results (must be within the last 6 months or within 7 days of employment)
- Must hold a valid state issued driver’s license and valid insurance
- Must have solid pc skills and be familiar with several Microsoft Office Suite software programs (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Email, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
o including the ability to speak, write and read English
o must also be comfortable with speaking in public settings and presenting to small groups
Preferred Job Requirements:
- Successful track record in sales/marketing experience
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and flexible hours, available for our customers at peak service times and days.
- Must be mobile and able to move intermittently throughout the work day, and throughout the community
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time, walking, with occasional squatting and reaching overhead.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 40 pounds
- Able to operate a motor vehicle and drive themselves and another community Team Member to a community or outside event
- Able to assist in the moving of residents when necessary or in emergency situations
Inspiring people, creating experiences, and supporting goals are just a few ways MBK Senior Living creates a positive work environment. It's how we support our team members, serve our residents, and achieve our pursuit – to be the senior living provider of choice in each market we serve.
MBK Senior Living has pursued this goal for more than 30 years. Currently, the company owns and operates 38 Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care services in senior living communities throughout the Western United States. We’re proud to have been ranked among the Top 50 "Best Workplaces in Aging Services" by Fortune magazine and certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work Institute since 2017.
MBK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected reason. Our company is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for qualifying individuals in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regulatory Disclosures for Senior Living Communities with Medicaid Residents: An “Excluded Party” is a person that the federal or state government found not eligible to provide care and services in a facility that receives Medicare or Medicaid funding. If employed at one of our senior living communities that receives Medicare or Medicaid funding, team members must not be considered an “Excluded Party” as defined by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, any state Medicaid Programs, and any additional federal and state government contract programs. If, as a team member, you learn that you are an Excluded Party at any time, you must present your Excluded Party notice letter to your supervisor immediately.
Other Regulatory Requirements: If employed at one of our senior living communities, team members must continually comply with certain laws and regulations that impact the company, including, but not limited to, as applicable, state licensing regulations, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), Resident Rights as defined by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and any other federal or state laws relating to team members’ professional licenses.