Cedar Hills, UT /
Housekeeping – Housekeeper /
At MBK Senior Living, we're committed to putting people first – our residents and team members. Exceeding expectations and enriching lives drives our day-to-day. And it's all powered by Yoi Shigoto, a Japanese concept that translates to "good, quality work." It's more than a mantra. It's part of our company-wide commitment to build trust, set high standards, and develop potential in ourselves and others!
Whether you're looking for a flexible, part-time job or the pathway to a lasting career, you'll find it here at MBK Senior Living–and a whole lot more! When you join the MBK Senior Living team, you'll enjoy:
-Impacting lives and building lasting relationships
-Executing exceptional signature programs in dining, fitness, wellness, and care
-A supportive community team that encourages personal and professional growth and celebrates your
-A fun-filled, energetic environment that's centered in hospitality and high-quality service
-Professional development, training, and personal coaching through our Mentor, Buddy, and Executive
Director in Training Programs
-Education loan assistance & scholarships
-Financial and legal services
-Team Member discounts
-Health and Wellness resources
Full-time benefits include:
-Rich benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k matching up to 4%
-Childcare and eldercare assistance
-Flexible spending accounts
If you're looking for a place where you can make an impact, find purpose and joy, and receive the training, tools, and support to reach your career goals – look no further, apply today!
We are currently seeking a Housekeeper for our community The Charleston at Cedar Hills, UT.
Part time, 20-30 hours per week
The Housekeeper is responsible for cleaning all of the resident apartments, public areas and work areas within guidelines, policies and procedures of the community. May be directed by the Executive Director, Director of Environmental Services, Director of Housekeeping or other designee of the Executive Director. Must demonstrate superior customer service and maintain the high standard of cleanliness that has been established for the community.
Essential Job Duties
- Clean all resident apartments, common areas and offices of the property to assure the building is clean at all times (includes, but is not limited to: furnishings, fixtures, ledges, room heating/cooling units, bathroom fixtures – bathtubs, toilets, showers, sinks, windows/mirrors, blinds, shutters, etc., in resident apartments; public bathroom areas, entrance/exit ways, recreational areas; floors to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting, etc.; carpets to include vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, and disinfecting; walls and ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc.; remove dirt, dust, grease, film, etc. from surfaces using proper cleaning and disinfecting solutions; hallways, stairways, and elevators; and discard waste/trash into proper containers and replace trash receptacle liners, etc.). 100%
- Ensure that all appropriate caution/safety signs are properly set up and posted prior to performing duties that could cause slips/falls or any other safety risks, and taken down when job is completed and risk has been removed 100%
- Report any health, safety and /or sanitation concerns to the supervisor; including reporting any apartment repairs or conditions that need attention by other departments 20%
- Follow the work/cleaning schedules as closely as practical 100%
- Monitor and remove all trash and waste from inside areas of community to designated trash cans/areas with continued monitoring throughout shift 20%
- Keep work areas attractive and free of hazardous objects such as protruding mop/broom handles, and unnecessary equipment – putting all equipment away as soon as the job that requires it is finished 20%
- Use all appropriate safety and protective equipment and supplies when handling hazardous waste and/or chemicals
- Follow all established PPE (personal protective equipment) policies when handling chemicals and/or cleaning; including wearing gloves, masks, aprons, etc. 100%
- Follow all established techniques, procedures and policies for properly storing, using and mixing chemicals, disinfectants, and solutions used for cleaning, and for the proper disposal of waste 100%
- Lock and control all housekeeping supplies and carts making sure that chemicals and/or hazardous materials are not left unattended, or accessible to residents or visitors 20%
- Follow established policies governing the use of labels and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) 100%
- Assist in the marketing of the community by always displaying a positive and professional image through actions and dress and according to the MBK principles and core values 100%
- Encourage teamwork through open communication with co-workers and other departments 100%
- Display tact and friendliness when dealing with residents, families, and guests 100%
- Perform other duties as consistent with the position and as assigned by the Director of Environmental Services , Director of Housekeeping, and/or Executive Director 20%
Non-Essential Job Duties
- May need to assist in the moving of residents during emergency situations
- Dust, fluff, and straighten all furniture in public areas to ensure cleanliness and safety
- Age 18 or over, or have the proper work permit and work authorization documentation
- High school diploma or GED
- Background clearances as required by government regulations
- Complete a health screening and provide negative TB test results (must be within the last 6 months or within 7 days of employment)
- Prior housekeeping experience preferred but on the job training is available for candidates with the right attitude and desire
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Ability to interact effectively with people of different ages and backgrounds
- Ability to use standard cleaning equipment consistent with the position
- Must be mobile and able to execute the physical demands of the housekeeping position; including but not limited to standing for long periods of time, bending, kneeling, stooping, pushing, pulling, repetitive motion, etc.
- Must be able to lift cleaning equipment and products of 40+ pounds. Requires frequent carrying, pushing and pulling of cleaning supplies and carts.
Inspiring people, creating experiences, and supporting goals are just a few ways MBK Senior Living creates a positive work environment. It's how we support our team members, serve our residents, and achieve our pursuit – to be the senior living provider of choice in each market we serve.
MBK Senior Living has pursued this goal for more than 30 years. Currently, the company owns and operates 35 Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care services in senior living communities throughout the Western United States. We’re proud to have been ranked among the Top 50 "Best Workplaces in Aging Services" by Fortune magazine and certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work Institute since 2017.
Mandated Vaccine Information:
Due to the nature of the company’s circumstances and business, MBK is mandating the Covid Vaccine for all employees unless team members have a religious or medical accommodation
All Team Members prior to commencing employment and once employed must not be considered an “Excluded Party” as defined by the Medicare and state Medicaid Programs as well as other federal and state government contract programs. If as an associate you learn you are an Excluded Party, you must present your Excluded Party notice letter to your supervisor immediately. An Excluded Party is a person that the federal or state government found not eligible to provide care and services in a Community that receives Medicare or Medicaid funding. In addition, at all times, during your employment, all associates must be in compliance with certain laws and regulations that affect the company, including but not limited to Resident Rights, HIPAA, State licensing regulations, and those laws relating you an associates’ professional license.