Antioch, CA /
Health Services – Caregiver /
At MBK Senior Living, we're committed to putting people first – our residents and team members. Exceeding expectations and enriching lives drives our day-to-day. And it's all powered by Yoi Shigoto, a Japanese concept that translates to "good, quality work." It's more than a mantra. It's part of our company-wide commitment to build trust, set high standards, and develop potential in ourselves and others!
Whether you're looking for a flexible, part-time job or the pathway to a lasting career, you'll find it here at MBK Senior Living–and a whole lot more! When you join the MBK Senior Living team, you'll enjoy:
-Impacting lives and building lasting relationships
-Executing exceptional signature programs in dining, fitness, wellness, and care
-A supportive community team that encourages personal and professional growth and celebrates your
-A fun-filled, energetic environment that's centered in hospitality and high-quality service
-Professional development, training, and personal coaching through our Mentor, Buddy, and Executive
Director in Training Programs
-Education loan assistance & scholarships
-Financial and legal services
-Team Member discounts
-Health and Wellness resources
Full-time benefits include:
-Rich benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k matching up to 4%
-Childcare and eldercare assistance
-Flexible spending accounts
If you're looking for a place where you can make an impact, find purpose and joy, and receive the training, tools, and support to reach your career goals – look no further, apply today!
We are currently seeking Part-time Caregivers for our community, The Commons at Dallas Ranch in Antioch, CA!
Shifts as needed 10:00 pm-6:00 am
The Caregiver is responsible for assisting residents in their Daily Living Activities including, but not limited to: bathing, grooming, personal and dental hygiene, transportation to meals and activities, bowel and bladder functions, etc., maintaining resident dignity and respect with superior customer service and in accordance with all policies, procedures, regulations and guidelines.
Essential Job Duties
- Respond to resident needs promptly and kindly while maintaining each resident’s self-respect, personal dignity, personal safety and confidentiality (50%)
- Read and follow care plans to ensure proper care is being given to their residents (10%)
- Assist residents in their daily living activities including bathing, dressing, hygiene (including shaving, hair care, etc.), meals, activities, bowel and bladder functions (including taking to bathrooms, portable commodes, changing incontinency products, etc.)(20%)
- Provide assistance at mealtime with selecting meals, serving, eating, clearing, delivering room trays as needed or assigned (3%)
- Transport residents as necessary assisting them into and out of bed, wheelchairs, etc. following all safety/lifting and transferring techniques – escorting them to/from meals, activities, or other transportation needs as requested or assigned (3%)
- Perform regular safety checks on residents (1%)
- Encourage residents to participate in daily activities such as bed making, laundry, cleaning, setting tables, etc. (1%)
- Invite, encourage, assist and lead residents in meaningful and life enriching activities (3%)
- Clean, complete laundry, and assist with all other community activities and job duties as required or assigned(1%)
- Manage oxygen tanks and concentrators per MD orders for resident needs (1%)
- Chart and document appropriate information (including incident reports) communicating any observed or suspected resident change of condition to a supervisor immediately (4%)
- Respond promptly to all resident alerts, carrying walkie-talkies and reacting to emergency or other resident requests as needed (3%)
- Ensure resident safety and comfort at all times, assisting in the performance of fire or other safety drills (1%)
Non-Essential Job Duties
- Always display a positive and professional image through actions and dress and in accordance with the MBK core values
- Encourage teamwork through open communication with co-workers and other departments
- Demonstrate effective time management skills so that all resident assignments are completed daily per shift
- Display tact and friendliness when dealing with residents, families, and guests
- Adhere to all MBK policies and procedures related to meal breaks and rest periods
- Perform other duties as consistent with the position and as assigned by the Director of Health Services, and/or Director of Assisted Living, and/or Director of Memory Care, and/or Executive Director
- Age 18 or over, or have the proper work permit and work authorization documentation
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Nurses Aid certification preferred
- Current first aid certification
- Background clearances as required by government regulations
- Complete a health screening and provide negative TB test results (must be within the last 6 months or within 7 days of employment)
- Prior Caregiving experience preferred but on the job training is available for candidates with the right attitude and desire
- Must be able to read and speak English
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Ability to interact effectively with people of different ages and backgrounds
- Must meet and maintain all state specific regulatory requirements
- Must be mobile and able to execute the physical demands of the Caregiving position including kneeling, squatting, overhead reaching, bending
- Must be able to lift 40+ pounds and push 150 pounds unassisted
Inspiring people, creating experiences, and supporting goals are just a few ways MBK Senior Living creates a positive work environment. It's how we support our team members, serve our residents, and achieve our pursuit – to be the senior living provider of choice in each market we serve.
MBK Senior Living has pursued this goal for more than 30 years. Currently, the company owns and operates 38 Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care services in senior living communities throughout the Western United States. We’re proud to have been ranked among the Top 50 "Best Workplaces in Aging Services" by Fortune magazine and certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work Institute since 2017.
MBK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected reason. Our company is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for qualifying individuals in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regulatory Disclosures for Senior Living Communities with Medicaid Residents: An “Excluded Party” is a person that the federal or state government found not eligible to provide care and services in a facility that receives Medicare or Medicaid funding. If employed at one of our senior living communities that receives Medicare or Medicaid funding, team members must not be considered an “Excluded Party” as defined by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, any state Medicaid Programs, and any additional federal and state government contract programs. If, as a team member, you learn that you are an Excluded Party at any time, you must present your Excluded Party notice letter to your supervisor immediately.
Other Regulatory Requirements: If employed at one of our senior living communities, team members must continually comply with certain laws and regulations that impact the company, including, but not limited to, as applicable, state licensing regulations, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), Resident Rights as defined by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and any other federal or state laws relating to team members’ professional licenses.