Orangevale, CA /
Sales – Sales Assistant /
Working at MBK Senior Living is more than a job-it is an opportunity to enrich the lives of seniors, their families, the professionals that serve them plus be a part of a dynamic and growing team! Our positions provide the opportunity for associates to share their passion and dedication while making a difference in the lives of our storied residents every day.
We are currently seeking a Sales Assistant at our ALMOND HEIGHTS Community in ORANGEVALE, CA.
We are looking for a Sales Assistant who is passionate about seniors and the company they represent. As we strive to be THE Senior Living provider of choice in our market place, this candidate would help support the outreach and referral development efforts for our community. Creating an impactful first and lasting impression which conveys our pursuit, purpose, and principles as well as our commitment to living them, both within our communities and the community at large, is paramount. Secondarily, this role requires the flexibility to support the Executive Director in helping obtain their revenue and occupancy goals, which means being available for their day to day sales efforts; database management/follow up and community presentations as required.
The Sales Assistant is responsible for assisting the Director of Sales & Marketing with renting all community apartments and managing all leads from the initial inquiry through the admission process in accordance with all Federal, State, and Local governing regulations and all Company Policies and Procedures.
Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for assisting the Director of Sales w/ managing all leads including calling prospects, touring prospects and entering prospect information into MSL’s lead management system; (approx.. 80% of responsibility)
- Assisting with clerical work in the Sales and Marketing Department including preparing admission paperwork and community collateral. (approx.. 10% of responsibility)
- Assist the Director of Sales with event preparation. (approx. 5% of responsibility)
- Display tact and friendliness when dealing with residents, team members, and visitors.
- Promote a spirit of teamwork and cooperation in accordance with the MBK principles and core values
- In the absence of the Director of Sales, attend morning staff meeting as indicated to alert appropriate staff of projected move ins, move outs, and transfers within the community.
- Other duties as assigned or directed by the Director of Sales or designee of the Executive Director
Non-Essential Job Duties
- Ability to highlight community qualities as they compare to competition
- Must possess the ability and desire to minimize waste and misuse of supplies/equipment
- Prepare collateral for e-blasts & mailings & outreach
- Responsible for maintaining collateral inventory and ordering as indicated
- High school diploma or equivalent, bachelor degree preferred
- Background clearances as required by government regulations
- Complete a health screening and provide negative TB test results (must be within the last 6 months or within 7 days of employment)
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction and multiplication) as required for tracking move-ins, tours and preparing reports
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to speak, write and read in English
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including fax, scanner, copy machines, personal computer, software and email.
- Familiarity with Outlook, Microsoft Office
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant and to remain calm during stressful or emergency situations
- Ability to deal tactfully and professionally at all times with personnel, residents, family members, and guests
MBK Senior Living is a dynamic, growing company that opened its first senior living community in 2004. We currently have thirty-three communities in six states.
As an MBK community associate, you will enjoy the genuine spirit of caring and collaboration that makes each of our communities so well respected within their local neighborhood. In addition, you will become part of an ever increasing community of professionals who have the passion and dedication of building meaningful relationships with our residents and their families now and for years to come.
We offer a rich benefits package comprising of the following: competitive salaries with opportunities for growth; 401(k) retirement plan with up to 4% employer matching; comprehensive industry leading medical, dental and vision insurance; company-provided life, disability and AD&D insurance; flexible spending accounts, generous paid time off including vacation and sick time, holidays, and bereavement leave; and a variety of programs including leadership development, training, and personal coaching; education loan assistance and scholarships; daily living, financial and legal services; childcare and eldercare assistance; employee discounts; and health and wellness resources that include virtual yoga, mindfulness, and financial readiness for employees and their family members.
If you are ready to meet the challenges of this critical role, we want to hear from you!
All associates prior to commencing employment and once employed must not be considered an “Excluded Party” as defined by the Medicare and state Medicaid Programs as well as other federal and state government contract programs. If as an associate you learn you are an Excluded Party, you must present your Excluded Party notice letter to your supervisor immediately. An Excluded Party is a person that the federal or state government found not eligible to provide care and services in a Community that receives Medicare or Medicaid funding. In addition, at all times, during your employment, all associates must be in compliance with certain laws and regulations that affect the company, including but not limited to Resident Rights, HIPAA, State licensing regulations, and those laws relating you an associates’ professional license.