Salt Lake City, Utah /
Dining Services – Cook /
At MBK Senior Living, we're committed to putting people first – our residents and team members. Exceeding expectations and enriching lives drives our day-to-day. And it's all powered by Yoi Shigoto, a Japanese concept that translates to "good, quality work." It's more than a mantra. It's part of our company-wide commitment to build trust, set high standards, and develop potential in ourselves and others!
Whether you're looking for a flexible, part-time job or the pathway to a lasting career, you'll find it here at MBK Senior Living–and a whole lot more! When you join the MBK Senior Living team, you'll enjoy:
-Impacting lives and building lasting relationships
-Executing exceptional signature programs in dining, fitness, wellness, and care
-A supportive community team that encourages personal and professional growth and celebrates your
-A fun-filled, energetic environment that's centered in hospitality and high-quality service
-Professional development, training, and personal coaching through our Mentor, Buddy, and Executive
Director in Training Programs
-Education loan assistance & scholarships
-Financial and legal services
-Team Member discounts
-Health and Wellness resources
Full-time benefits include:
-Rich benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k matching up to 4%
-Childcare and eldercare assistance
-Flexible spending accounts
If you're looking for a place where you can make an impact, find purpose and joy, and receive the training, tools, and support to reach your career goals – look no further, apply today!
We are currently seeking a Cook for The Wellington community in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Full time cook needed to cover breakfast and lunch. 5:30 am to 2:00 pm or 7:00 am to 3:00 pm
Food Handlers Permit required.
The responsibilities of the cook are to properly prepare all food items in accordance with the recipes and planned menus provided and to oversee the Dining Services Department under direction from the Executive Chef.
Essential Job Duties
- Arrive to work on time and prepared for your shift. 100%
- Prepare all food items in accordance with planned menus and recipes provided and ensuring the meals are appetizing, nutritional, and meets and special dietary requests or requirements. 100%
- Ensure all food is served at the correct temperature and charted as such. 5%
- Ensure there is proper plate presentation. 5%
- Consult with the Executive Chef on any menu changes or substations. 5%
- Ensure food storage areas are clean and organized at all times. 100%
- Prepare food in accordance with all governmental, sanitary, and dietitian regulations as well as established policies and procedures. Report any infractions to your Executive Chef immediately. 100%
- Take care of food orders when they arrive in a timely manner. 10%
- Dispose of food and waste in accordance with established policies.5%
- Ensure all leftovers are properly stored, labeled, and dated. 5%
- Record temperatures of refrigerators, Freezers, and dishwashers. 5%
- Responsible for cleanliness of the kitchen and dining areas. 100%
- May supervise servers, and dishwashers. 100%
- Prepare upcoming menu items ensuring they are stocked, and pulled as directed by recipes. 30%
- Responsible for safe storage and efficient use of all items within the kitchen’s inventory. 100%
- Promote a positive and friendly team work attitude. 100%
- Preform other duties as assigned by the Director of Dining Services, Lead Cook and or Executive Director. 10%
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Age over 18 years.
- Background clearance as required by government regulations.
- Retain a Current Food handlers permit.
- Minimum of two years’ experience cooking.
- Negative TB test results.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to speak, write and read English.
- Ability to operate computer, necessary software programs ( word, email, excel), scanners, copiers, and fax machines.
- Ability to be professional at all times with other associates, residents, family members, and visitors
- Must be able to lift/and push 50lbs
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout day and throughout community
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
$17 - $18 an hour
Inspiring people, creating experiences, and supporting goals are just a few ways MBK Senior Living creates a positive work environment. It's how we support our team members, serve our residents, and achieve our pursuit – to be the senior living provider of choice in each market we serve.
MBK Senior Living has pursued this goal for more than 30 years. Currently, the company owns and operates 38 Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care services in senior living communities throughout the Western United States. We’re proud to have been ranked among the Top 50 "Best Workplaces in Aging Services" by Fortune magazine and certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work Institute since 2017.
MBK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected reason. Our company is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for qualifying individuals in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact email@example.com.
Regulatory Disclosures for Senior Living Communities with Medicaid Residents: An “Excluded Party” is a person that the federal or state government found not eligible to provide care and services in a facility that receives Medicare or Medicaid funding. If employed at one of our senior living communities that receives Medicare or Medicaid funding, team members must not be considered an “Excluded Party” as defined by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, any state Medicaid Programs, and any additional federal and state government contract programs. If, as a team member, you learn that you are an Excluded Party at any time, you must present your Excluded Party notice letter to your supervisor immediately.
Other Regulatory Requirements: If employed at one of our senior living communities, team members must continually comply with certain laws and regulations that impact the company, including, but not limited to, as applicable, state licensing regulations, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), Resident Rights as defined by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and any other federal or state laws relating to team members’ professional licenses.