La Mesa, CA /
Health Services – Caregiver /
At MBK Senior Living, we're committed to putting people first – our residents and team members. Exceeding expectations and enriching lives drives our day-to-day. And it's all powered by Yoi Shigoto, a Japanese concept that translates to "good, quality work." It's more than a mantra. It's part of our company-wide commitment to build trust, set high standards, and develop potential in ourselves and others!
Whether you're looking for a flexible, part-time job or the pathway to a lasting career, you'll find it here at MBK Senior Living–and a whole lot more! When you join the MBK Senior Living team, you'll enjoy:
-Impacting lives and building lasting relationships
-Executing exceptional signature programs in dining, fitness, wellness, and care
-A supportive community team that encourages personal and professional growth and celebrates your
-A fun-filled, energetic environment that's centered in hospitality and high-quality service
-Professional development, training, and personal coaching through our Mentor, Buddy, and Executive
Director in Training Programs
-Education loan assistance & scholarships
-Financial and legal services
-Team Member discounts
-Health and Wellness resources
Full-time benefits include:
-Rich benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k matching up to 4%
-Childcare and eldercare assistance
-Flexible spending accounts
If you're looking for a place where you can make an impact, find purpose and joy, and receive the training, tools, and support to reach your career goals – look no further, apply today!
We are currently seeking Caregivers for our community The Montera located in La Mesa, CA.
Schedule: PM and NOC shifts available
Pay: $16.75 - $17.00 Based off of experience. $2.00 differential pay for those who can work Friday-Sunday.
The Caregiver is responsible for assisting residents in their Daily Living Activities including, but not limited to: bathing, grooming, personal and dental hygiene, transportation to meals and activities, bowel and bladder functions, etc., maintaining resident dignity and respect with superior customer service and in accordance with all policies, procedures, regulations and guidelines.
Essential Job Duties
- Respond to resident needs promptly and kindly while maintaining each resident’s self-respect, personal dignity, personal safety and confidentiality (50%)
- Read and follow care plans to ensure proper care is being given to their residents (10%)
- Assist residents in their daily living activities including bathing, dressing, hygiene (including shaving, hair care, etc.), meals, activities, bowel and bladder functions (including taking to bathrooms, portable commodes, changing incontinency products, etc.)(20%)
- Provide assistance at mealtime with selecting meals, serving, eating, clearing, delivering room trays as needed or assigned (3%)
- Transport residents as necessary assisting them into and out of bed, wheelchairs, etc. following all safety/lifting and transferring techniques – escorting them to/from meals, activities, or other transportation needs as requested or assigned (3%)
- Perform regular safety checks on residents (1%)
- Encourage residents to participate in daily activities such as bed making, laundry, cleaning, setting tables, etc. (1%)
- Invite, encourage, assist and lead residents in meaningful and life enriching activities (3%)
- Clean, complete laundry, and assist with all other community activities and job duties as required or assigned(1%)
- Manage oxygen tanks and concentrators per MD orders for resident needs (1%)
- Chart and document appropriate information (including incident reports) communicating any observed or suspected resident change of condition to a supervisor immediately (4%)
- Respond promptly to all resident alerts, carrying walkie-talkies and reacting to emergency or other resident requests as needed (3%)
- Ensure resident safety and comfort at all times, assisting in the performance of fire or other safety drills (1%)
Non-Essential Job Duties
- Always display a positive and professional image through actions and dress and in accordance with the MBK core values
- Encourage teamwork through open communication with co-workers and other departments
- Demonstrate effective time management skills so that all resident assignments are completed daily per shift
- Display tact and friendliness when dealing with residents, families, and guests
- Adhere to all MBK policies and procedures related to meal breaks and rest periods
- Perform other duties as consistent with the position and as assigned by the Director of Health Services, and/or Director of Assisted Living, and/or Director of Memory Care, and/or Executive Director
- Age 18 or over, or have the proper work permit and work authorization documentation
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Nurses Aid certification preferred
- Current first aid certification
- Background clearances as required by government regulations
- Complete a health screening and provide negative TB test results (must be within the last 6 months or within 7 days of employment)
- Prior Caregiving experience preferred but on the job training is available for candidates with the right attitude and desire
- Must be able to read and speak English
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Ability to interact effectively with people of different ages and backgrounds
- Must meet and maintain all state specific regulatory requirements
- Must be mobile and able to execute the physical demands of the Caregiving position including kneeling, squatting, overhead reaching, bending
- Must be able to lift 40+ pounds and push 150 pounds unassisted
Inspiring people, creating experiences, and supporting goals are just a few ways MBK Senior Living creates a positive work environment. It's how we support our team members, serve our residents, and achieve our pursuit – to be the senior living provider of choice in each market we serve.
MBK Senior Living has pursued this goal for more than 30 years. Currently, the company owns and operates 35 Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care services in senior living communities throughout the Western United States. We’re proud to have been ranked among the Top 50 "Best Workplaces in Aging Services" by Fortune magazine and certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work Institute since 2017.
Mandated Vaccine Information:
Due to the nature of the company’s circumstances and business, MBK is mandating the Covid Vaccine for all employees unless team members have a religious or medical accommodation
All Team Members prior to commencing employment and once employed must not be considered an “Excluded Party” as defined by the Medicare and state Medicaid Programs as well as other federal and state government contract programs. If as an associate you learn you are an Excluded Party, you must present your Excluded Party notice letter to your supervisor immediately. An Excluded Party is a person that the federal or state government found not eligible to provide care and services in a Community that receives Medicare or Medicaid funding. In addition, at all times, during your employment, all associates must be in compliance with certain laws and regulations that affect the company, including but not limited to Resident Rights, HIPAA, State licensing regulations, and those laws relating you an associates’ professional license.