Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP)
Mount Vernon, Washington /
Who We Are
Mt. Baker Planned Parenthood (MBPP) is a non-profit family planning agency and a leader in sexual and reproductive healthcare, advocacy, and education in the state of Washington. We provide high-quality, affordable sexual and reproductive health care for people in 3 health centers in Northwest Washington.
At MBPP, care is much more than the services we provide; it’s the way we approach our world. We care with respect and are passionate about helping people lead healthy lives. MBPP also provides the opportunity to contribute to a powerful mission and perform meaningful work. This means a commitment to providing the absolute best in patient care and education. Our exceptional staff drives our mission forward by upholding our acclaimed customer service & confidentiality standards, and working to create a safe, judgment-free space for anyone seeking Planned Parenthood services. As an organization, we are focused on equity, diversity and inclusion. We believe our employees should reflect the diversity of the populations we serve, including racial and ethnic diversity. We strongly encourage all persons to apply, including people of color and members of the LGBTQ community.
The Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) is responsible for providing reproductive health care and family planning services to men, women and teens.
Responsibilities: Patient Care
- Provides non-discriminatory medical service to all patients regardless of race, color, creed, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, or HIV status.
- Counsels patients in a non-directive manner about all available pregnancy options in the case of an unintended pregnancy.
- Refers patients for abortion, prenatal care, and adoption services as requested or necessary.
- Conducts pre and post testing HIV counseling according to MBPP Medical Standards and Guidelines and Washington State law.
- Provides accurate education and prescribes all available FDA approved contraceptive methods including Emergency Contraception.
- Inserts and removes Intrauterine Devices and birth control implants, if credentialed by the Medical Director.
- Examines and screens patients for diseases common to the reproductive system, pregnancy, breast disease, and certain non-reproductive diseases. Provides well care reproductive examinations. Reviews patient medical histories, records findings, and orders tests as needed.
- Records all pertinent patient information in electronic medical record.
- Makes appropriate and timely referrals for care that is outside the scope of the reproductive health clinic. Identify clinical emergencies, initiate appropriate response, and consult with Site Supervisor, Lead Clinician, and Medical Director as needed.
- Prescribes and provides supplies and medications within the parameters of MBPP standards and guidelines and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Provides contraceptive care for all prescription and non-prescription methods currently available.
- Provides medication abortions if trained and credentialed.
- Assists with pregnancy termination services as requested by the Medical Director.
- Performs as needed, using appropriate technique; injections and laboratory tests including vaginal wet mounts.
- Adheres to affiliate policies on professionalism, wait time in clinic and on the phone, and the system for addressing client complaints.
- Participates in patient care, quality assurance, and chart audits.
- Instructs patients regarding medications and treatments. Educate patients regarding health and illness prevention. Refer to community resources as needed.
- Performs triage of patient telephone calls, including after-hour-calls, providing consultation and urgent care as needed.
- Adheres to infection and exposure control procedures, MBPP standards and guidelines, and all applicable regulatory guidelines in the performance of duties.
- Assures that follow up for abnormal results and referrals are managed per PPFA Standards and Guidelines.
- Participates in quality assurance and risk management activities as assigned.
- Reads MBPP email daily and responds appropriately.
- Performs pregnancy dating sonograms, if credentialed by Medical Director.
- Performs colposcopy following MBPP protocols.
- Current Washington State ARNP and RN licenses.
- GED or High school diploma required.
- Current CPR certification.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and at any of MBPP’s facilities as assigned.
- Valid Washington state driver's license, reliable transportation, automobile insurance, and good driving record required for travel between clinics.
- Successful completion of background check.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Knowledge of theory, practices and regulations to provide patient care.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of infection control, universal precautions, safety, and patient confidentiality guidelines.
- Knowledge of medical charting and use of electronic medical record.
- Knowledge of family planning and reproductive health topics.
- Skill in applying the principles, methods and techniques to provide on-going patient care.
- Skill in taking medical histories, assessing medical conditions, and interpreting findings.
- Ability to interpret and apply quality control standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Skill in triaging patient calls for acuity.
- Ability to prioritize work appropriately.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to work in fast paced, stressful, and dynamic environment.
- Ability to maintain strict patient confidentiality.
- Ability to respond quickly in an emergency.
- Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate clearly in English.
- Always behaves with respect and caring in a professional manner to patients and coworkers.
- Competitive salary ranging from $90,000 - $105,000/year depending on experience
- Relocation bonus
- Collaborative & engaged team environment
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Income Protection benefits at no cost share for full time employees
- Generous PTO starting at 23 days/year
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 403(b) Employer Match
- Flexible 4/10 schedule
- Annual CME Benefits
- Alternative transportation incentives
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Requires hand-eye coordination; finger dexterity, visual acuity to normal range and a combination of reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, climbing, stooping, balancing, kneeling, crouching, crawling; carrying, pushing, pulling, lifting moderately heavy objects and materials of 20-30 pounds; may occasionally be required to exert heavy physical effort involving heavier objects and materials up to 50 pounds with assistance; Support of and moving of child and adult patients. Sense of touch, gripping tightly required for operation of tests and measures and performance of other essential functions.
Exposure to routine office conditions as well as adverse environmental conditions such as dust, temperature and noise extremes, running, odors, wetness, and vibrations. May be exposed to blood borne pathogens (BBP) and/or other infectious materials (OPIM) in the health center environment.
Variable hours to include some evenings and weekends.
Why Work at MBPP?
Being part of the MBPP team means providing all Washingtonians with the opportunity to move through their sexual and reproductive lives as safely, confidently, and healthily as possible. In addition, we offer competitive wages and comprehensive benefits. Our benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, income protection (w/o cost share for full time employees), 10 holidays, 17-20 paid time off days/year, and much more!
MBPP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and seeks to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds. We are committed to fostering a workplace culture inclusive of people with respect to their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, marital status, age, veterans’ status, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. MBPP is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.