Application Support Specialist - TSTOP
Customer Experience – Engineering /
The MBTA Customer Experience team is working to transform how people get around the Boston area. We’re a small but mighty team of designers, planners, and skilled communicators charged with changing the way people experience and feel about the T for the better. As the MBTA works to reinvent itself, we have a rare opportunity to shape the future of transportation for Boston and communities all around Eastern Massachusetts, as well as blaze a trail for other transit agencies around the country. We’re always looking for people to join the team who are passionate about improving the daily transportation experience for our 400 million annual riders. Does this sound like you? Then please read on.
TSTOP is the MBTA’s intranet platform. The platform is available to all employees of the MBTA utilizing a third-party platform. Login credentials are required for every user with different levels of access.
TCOMMS is the MBTA’s internal communication platform utilizing a content management system (CMS). Content is displayed on large format screens throughout employee facilities.
The Intranet/CMS Administrator is part of the Customer and Employee Experience Team and will design, create, and manage content related to employee communications. The position will interact with all departments and levels at the MBTA. The Intranet/CMS Administrator will generate consistent content output that supports internal communications. This role will also involve content design and website testing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become Subject Matter Expert for both platforms
- Identify, record, and troubleshoot any issues with software and/or hardware
- Work with all departments to ensure content is up-to-date and correct
- Monitor and track the health, performance, and usage of services through metrics, indicators, and analytics
- Onboarding and training of new users: Onboarding and training of internal department administrators
- Maintain productive and engaging partnership with both product vendors
- Follow and use IT Service Management process and tools to manage various components of service delivery, including incidents and service requests
- Review product release notes to ensure all features are being utilized as needed and end users know of any changes
- Evaluate and deliver full business solutions by developing and integrating various technical solutions
- Develop and maintain process specific guides including: user guides, administrative guides, best practices
- Engage with IT on new software platforms such as M365 integration
- Create, update, and maintain a variety of content for publication across the MBTA using content management systems.
- Follow MBTA style and brand guidelines to ensure all communication is consistent with MBTA mission, values, and voice.
- Take requirements, generate designs, and implement a final solution from scratch
- Evaluate requirements and proposed solutions to determine project feasibility and timelines.
- Schedule a content calendar for content displayed on internal screens.
- Application support.
Minimum experience and required skills:
- Three (3) years of experience in project administration or coordination duties.
- Experience in the analysis, design, implementation, administration, and governance of an intranet platform.
- Strong writing, editing, and verbal communication skills required.
- Experience generating concise, easy-to-understand content under a unified digital strategy.
- Skilled at communicating and training end users.
- Strong knowledge of Wordpress is a preference.
- Strong knowledge of content management systems.
- Attention-to-detail when creating, editing, and proofreading content.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft 365
- Experience creating and maintaining content calendars.
- Ability to take requirements, generate and execute a solution
- Self-motivated and organized with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills to track and prioritize multiple tasks, develop, analyze and/or revise procedures, meet deadlines, and work in an environment of heavy pressures and changing priorities.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and develop creative solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in English, Communications, Computer Science, or related field.
Physical demands and working conditions:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Have the ability to work any and all shifts and/or locations assigned or directed.
This will start out as a 9 month contract with the potential to extend.
This role will be a hybrid model. We expect you to be onsite (10 Park Plaza, Boston MA) 3 days per week.
Pay rate is $60 per hour (W-2), 40 hours per week, and up to 1880 hours per year.