Strategy & Transformation Consultant
McChrystal Implementation /
The Associate will be a direct contributor within our consulting business, enabling delivery at the highest possible level for our partners and serving as a culture carrier both internally and externally in pursuit of our mission.
The Associate is integral in devising solutions to tackle the dynamic challenges of our clients and will be responsible for crafting high-impact deliverables under the guidance of project leadership. We empower our people to be leaders at every level and expect Associates to take ownership of their work, adapt as the environment demands, cultivate business acumen, demonstrate professionalism and a willingness to innovate, and leverage curiosity to drive personal and professional growth. At a day-to-day level, the Associate will employ analytical, planning, and tactical decision-making skills, manage projects and personnel, and support McChrystal Group’s knowledge management efforts; they can expect a balance between executing on client-facing teams and contributing to internal functional areas.
Our work is focused on leveraging data-driven insights, leadership training, and our Team of Teams methodology to transform the structure, processes, and behaviors of our partners to enable them to be more adaptable, agile, and effective in an ever-more-demanding market climate. Put simply, we enable our clients to outpace their environment, their competitors, and their next challenge.
Expect that you will be a part of a dynamic, high performing team and have direct engagement with internal and client senior level leaders - from Manager to C-suite - at a regular cadence.
This posting is evergreen - share your profile here and we will reach out as we have an opportunity to work together!
- Support McChrystal Group’s consulting practice by energetically tackling challenges and completing deliverables under the guidance of their project leadership; experienced associates may manage personnel or lead implementation of certain deliverables
- Manage client engagement team’s utilization, expenses and invoices, as well as deliverable completion
- Create long-term project plans and define responsibilities across lines of effort with project lead support
- Capably speak to McChrystal Group methodology, products and services
- Support the development and delivery of high-quality client presentations and materials using analytical, planning, and tactical decision-making skills
- Develop exceptional working relationships with the client, where appropriate, and help McChrystal Group be a seamless extension of the client team
- Help coordinate events, logistics, and materials for client engagements
- Develop business skills to support Implementation, including but not limited to proposal and SOW writing, financial and utilization tracking
- Effectively articulate the value of McChrystal Group and define client engagements to client and McChrystal Group leadership of all levels
- Document processes to ensure McChrystal Group leadership and other MG client engagement teams leverage knowledge and success, as well as suggest ways to continuously measure and improve effectiveness
- Actively and positively contribute to McChrystal Group culture
- Focus on personal and professional growth
- Support Analysts in learning and development
- Further the growth of McChrystal Group through recruiting activity, work in the community, and participation in industry events
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-5 years work experience required; private sector and consulting experience a plus
- Superior client focus and professionalism, reflective of McChrystal Group’s premier brand
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Ability to work on and prioritize concurrent assignments and balance responsibilities across projects
- Solid analytical, research, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly and succinctly articulate ideas
- Ability to think creatively, with a focus on innovation
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to work on concurrent assignments and change roles quickly when necessary
- Problem solver with the skills to adapt to changing priorities or multiple iterations of work
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with a strong attention to detail
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Ability and desire to travel up to 75% of the time
- Exceptional Access to Senior Leaders
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan
- Responsible PTO Policy
- Highly flexible hybrid work format
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Family Leave
- Mentor Program
- Focused Professional Development Programming
- Quarterly All Hands
- Headquartered in Old Town Alexandria
- Metro-accessible, Free on-site Parking
McChrystal Group helps organizations drive the results that matter by unleashing the power of your teams. That's why we’ve been helping organizations get their teams working better, smarter, and faster for over a decade. Forged in combat and proven across industries, we use our Team of Teams® framework to help organizations get the most out of their teams, turning them into powerful engines of meaningful change.
McChrystal Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our goal is to embody and embrace a diverse workforce that is representative, at all levels, of the customers we serve. We are committed to cultivating an environment of mutual respect and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool and encourage applications of all backgrounds without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or need an alternative method for applying, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.