Strategic Partnerships Manager
Growth – Growth /
Full Time Employee
Mechanism is an early-stage venture firm that partners with entrepreneurs to launch and scale ambitious companies.
In our model, we work to identify and validate opportunities before creating every business. We then provide the growth expertise to gain early traction as well as the business support to establish positive unit economics, profitability, and scale.
In addition to investment and strategic guidance, we offer extensive operational support for our startups in critical areas, including Growth Marketing, Product, Operations, People, Finance, and Legal. Our in-house experts are at the tops of their fields and are here to provide world-class support and expertise helping our startups get off the ground and scale.
Our team has a track record of investing in and cofounding multiple companies with $100M+ revenue.
We are hiring a Strategic Partnerships Manager who will be responsible for creating and overseeing affiliate partnerships on behalf of Mechanism’s portfolio companies.
What You'll Do
- Create strategies to enable portfolio companies to drive revenue as affiliates, and to acquire new users as advertisers with affiliate programs of their own.
- Perform market research and build lists of high value affiliate partners
- Recruit new partners via one-on-one and bulk outreach campaigns
- Build strong relationships
- Negotiate favorable rates and arrangements for Mechanism’s portfolio companies
- Monitor partner performance and proactively optimize to accelerate growth
- Collaborate with paid media, email, social, and product teams to share learnings and contribute to a cohesive growth strategy
- You are data driven and detail oriented, with a working knowledge of other areas of performance marketing like paid media, social, and email marketing.
- You enjoy meeting new people and building relationships.
- You are a skillful communicator and a comfortable and assertive negotiator.
- You have experience managing thriving affiliate programs across multiple industries and KPIs.
- You are able to make complicated things simple and foster an environment of rapid execution, learning, and fun.
- You are entrepreneurial and relentlessly resourceful.
- You are able to rapidly context switch as you work across vastly different industries and growth challenges.
- You are a team player who can collaborate with colleagues and stakeholders of varying levels of knowledge.
What to Expect:
The rate of learning at early-stage companies is so high that priorities constantly evolve. Thus,
being highly adaptable and flexible is key. However, we’d like to share a general idea of the
direct impact you could make within the first three months on the team:
● 30 Days
○ Build recruitment lists for each portco.
○Contribute to active partner management and optimization.
● 60 Days
○ Own and manage your own portco goals and corresponding partner relationships.
○ Contribute to growth strategy building and implementation.
● 90 Days
○ Proactively identify growth opportunities and propose strategies to capitalize on them.
○ Build and own partnerships to drive your strategic goals.
This is a full time role.
We are fully remote. You can work wherever you’re most productive.