Licensed Mental Health Professional (Emotional Support Animal Assessor)
Work with Startups – Portfolio Company /
Pettable was founded by pet lovers just like you - people who know our pets are family and who value the peace of mind of being able to take them anywhere.
That’s where Pettable comes in. We believe that staying connected to your pets is key to both their well-being and your own.
We are looking for a Licensed Mental Health Professional to join our team and help make our vision a reality. In this role, you will be one of the first hires on the team, you will work directly with the CEO & founders, and you will play a key role in establishing the direction and trajectory of the company. We are seeking an ethical, competent, and empathetic mental health professional who can connect with clients and assess their need for an emotional support animal. You must be able to operate in an environment that is fast-paced and ambitious, while maintaining the spirit of mutual respect and collaboration that helps us succeed as a team. Above all, you must share our passion for mental wellness, pets, and embody our mission to improve their health and happiness on a large scale.
What You’ll Do
- Mental Health Assessments
- Use your experience to evaluate clients' mental health.
- Determine based on your assessment whether or not clients will benefit from an emotional support animal.
- Prescribe an emotional support animal if you believe the client’s condition warrants a prescription.
- Coordinate Consultations
- Respond to inbound client emails in a timely manner (within 24 hours).
- Schedule consultations with clients within a timely manner (within three business days).
- Prescribe and write emotional support animal letters for approved clients in a timely manner (within 48 hours).
- Follow Up Support
- Collaborate with the company on any follow on support or documentation the client may need.
Who You Are
- Experience with prescribing emotional support animal letters and associated regulations
- Experience with phone and/or virtual consultations
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude Enjoy technology and capable of troubleshooting computer or connectivity issues
What You'll Bring
- One of the following licenses is required :
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC)
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist (Ph.D. or PsyD)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO)
- Nurse Practitioner (NP)
This is a flexible part-time role and we’re open to a wide variety of time commitments and schedules
We believe that talent can come from anywhere and we operate as a remote-first organization. As such, this is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the US.