Email Marketer (within Bold.org)
Work with Startups – Portfolio Company /
Part Time Employee
Our mission is to fight student debt.
At Bold.org, anyone and any company can create customized scholarships, fellowships, and grants in minutes with the confidence that the award will go to deserving individuals who will boldly change the world.
We’re growing quickly and hiring amazing people who want to change the education and philanthropy landscapes. If that resonates, we’d love to hear from you.
Email Marketer Job Description
Bold.org is a two-sided platform for donors and students (or anyone with student debt). We’re growing quickly and are looking for a part-time Email Marketer to increase engagement and retention of Bold.org students and donors.
In this role, you will join our Marketing Team and focus on highly customized, creative email marketing, with a strong focus on long-term retention metrics, rapid testing, and scaling and automating wins. While this role will initially focus only on email, it may expand to other lifecycle marketing channels over time.
You will be joining a small team as a critical early-stage team member, and will be expected to bring tremendous creativity, attention to detail, and drive.
This will be a part-time role to start, but may quickly expand to full-time for the right person.
- Own email as a communications channel for both Bold.org donors and students, with a strong focus on maximizing long-term engagement and retention.
- Plan and execute manual and automated marketing campaigns, including building all relevant email templates, conditional logic, etc.
- Research, ideate, and execute A/B tests across all of our email marketing flows, learning quickly as you scale what works and kill what doesn’t.
- Plan and execute campaigns for holidays, special announcements, PR efforts, etc.
- Communicate opportunities to further improve engagement to our marketing and product teams.
- Package content for social media, email, website, video, and more.
- Conduct frequent user interviews with both (current and prospective) donors and students to test and iterate on new ideas.
- Represent the Bold.org brand and mission of fighting student debt to hundreds of thousands of students and donors.
- Be the steward of our vision and values across all email communications.
- 1-3 years of email marketing experience, with a focus on executing revenue-driving lifecycle communication strategies.
- Growth-minded. You excel at analyzing data, coming up with opportunities for improvement, testing rapidly, and scaling what works.
- An excellent copywriter. You can quickly learn what language resonates with Bold.org members and craft campaigns that represent the Bold.org brand well.
- Comfortable with data-rich custom-CRM environments, including working with product teams to improve data integrations, event triggers, etc. to ensure your campaigns are customized, timely, and effective.
- Deep experience with at least one leading CRM platform. Experience with Klaviyo is preferred, but not required.
- Experience tracking, identifying, and solving deliverability issues.
- Experience with other lifecycle marketing channels (e.g. SMS) is a plus, but is not required.
- Strong attention to detail. You excel at catching typos, logic errors, etc. in email templates and flows.
- Empathetic. Bold.org users range from high school students to retirees focused on growing their legacy. You must be able to put yourself in their shoes when creating campaigns.
- Ok with perfect not being the enemy of good. You’d rather move quickly and iterate quickly.
- Collaborative. You give feedback directly and receive feedback thoughtfully and easily. You can rally a team around a shared vision.
- An exceptional individual contributor. You excel at learning quickly and figuring things out yourself. You prefer to spend most of your time as an individual contributor.
- Driven. We’re a small team and growing quickly. We all wear multiple hats. We take joy in our work and pride in our mission. To excel in this role, you must be excited by all of this!
- Kind. You’re generally a pleasure to work with. We value our culture and don’t make compromises on this.
For immediate start. This is a part-time commitment of 20 hours per week.
This is a fully remote position. We operate as a distributed team and can work from anywhere.