Math Tutor- Remote (within Learner)
Remote (USA) /
Work with Startups – Portfolio Company /
Online Math Tutor
Learner is an education company that accelerates learning. We believe learning is accelerated when content mastery is combined with passion. It is our goal to be the inflection point in a student’s mathematical education, unlocking the potential that is naturally inside of them.
Backed by Mechanism Ventures, we are an ambitious startup and we're building a team of elite educators who share our vision and are ready to build something big and impactful with us. Our founding team has a track record of building multiple $100M+ revenue companies, has an extensive background in education, and we are looking for additional lifelong learners who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of students.
We are hiring an Online Math Tutor who will provide exceptional tutoring for our clients.
The right candidate will be:
- Passionate about Helping - Great tutors are passionate about the subject they teach and about making a difference in a student’s academic life. They strive to be an inflection point in their education.
- Flexible - Our tutors will recognize when a student is struggling and can explain material in multiple ways.
- Tech-savvy - Our tutors will be expert on all of the critical technology needed to meet the needs of our students.
- Engaging - Our tutors will have the ability to quickly and easily connect with students.
- Enthusiastic - Energy is contagious and we expect our tutors to be passionate.
- Motivating - Our tutors will encourages independence and ask good open-ended questions.
- Life-long learners - Our tutors will lead by example in their desire to be independent, lifelong learners. They believe in the Intrinsic vs. Instrumental value of education.
- Patient - Students will struggle and our tutors must be empathetic to their situation.
- Exceptional listeners - Students want to be seen and heard. Our tutors will seek to understand a student’s needs.
- Examples of how you have accelerated the learning process for students.
- Expert level knowledge of Algebra, Geometry, and Precalculus. Expertise in Calculus and Statistics is a plus but is not required.
- Experience tutoring students on the Math SAT and ACTFast, stable internet connection.
- Have a 4-year university degree.
- Have a private space to hold sessions without disturbance.
- 3+ years of math tutoring experience.
- 1+ year of online math tutoring experience
- This is a freelance role starting at approximately 10 hours per week, with the potential to ramp up, as needed. Availability on nights and weekends is required
Location: This is a fully remote position. We operate as a distributed team and can work from anywhere.