SAT/ACT Tutor - Remote (within Learner)
Work with Startups – Portfolio Company /
Learner is an education company that accelerates learning. We believe learning is accelerated when content mastery is combined with passion. It is our goal to be the inflection point in a student’s SAT/ACT preparation, unlocking the potential that is naturally inside of them.
Backed by Mechanism Ventures, we are an ambitious startup and we're building a team of elite educators who share our vision and are ready to build something big and impactful with us. Our founding team has a track record of building multiple $100M+ revenue companies, has an extensive background in education, and we are looking for additional lifelong learners who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of students.
We are hiring an Online SAT/ACT Tutor who will provide exceptional tutoring for our clients.
The right candidate will be:
- Passionate about Helping - Great tutors are passionate about the subject they teach and about making a difference in a student’s academic life. They strive to be an inflection point in their education.
- Flexible - Our tutors will recognize when a student is struggling and can explain material in multiple ways.
- Tech-savvy - Our tutors will be expert on all of the critical technology needed to meet the needs of our students.
- Engaging - Our tutors will have the ability to quickly and easily connect with students.
- Enthusiastic - Energy is contagious and we expect our tutors to be passionate.
- Motivating - Our tutors will encourages independence and ask good open-ended questions.
- Life-long learners - Our tutors will lead by example in their desire to be independent, lifelong learners. They believe in the Intrinsic vs. Instrumental value of education.
- Patient - Students will struggle and our tutors must be empathetic to their situation.
- Exceptional listeners - Students want to be seen and heard. Our tutors will seek to understand a student’s needs.
- Examples of how you have accelerated the learning process for students.
- Expert level knowledge of Algebra, Geometry, Statistics, Probability and Precalculus.
- Experience tutoring students on the SAT and ACT
- Fast, stable internet connection.
- Have a 4-year university degree.
- Have a private space to hold sessions without disturbance.
- 3+ years of SAT/ACT tutoring experience.
- 1+ year of online SAT/ACT tutoring experience
This is a freelance role starting at approximately 10 hours per week, with the potential to ramp up, as needed. Availability on nights and weekends is required
This is a fully remote position. We operate as a distributed team and can work from anywhere.