Business Operations – Content /
About the Company
Mechanism Ventures is an early-stage venture firm that works hands-on with entrepreneurs to co-found, fund, and scale ambitious companies. In the Mechanism model, we work with entrepreneurs to identify and validate ideas before investment. We then provide the growth expertise to gain early traction as well as the business support to create positive unit economics, profitability, and scale.
The Mechanism team has a track record of investing in and co-founding multiple $100M+ revenue companies.
Position Description & Responsibilities
As a Freelance Content Writer, you’ll be responsible for writing high-quality content in a variety of forms, including short- and long-form articles, guest posts, websites, ad copy, and more with the goal of driving traffic and conversions to various websites associated with the companies in our portfolio.
In this role, you will be expected to conduct in-depth research, which may occasionally include interviews. This role is for you if you’re a savvy and experienced writer, can operate independently, like working on a diversity of projects, and can learn and adapt quickly.
You may be asked to ghost-write pieces as well – it is important to be able to emulate the voice and tone of another person, as much as you might adapt your writing to suit a specific brand.
This is an hourly position that can be done remotely from anywhere. Ideally you can sync your workday with the US east coast maybe an hour or two each day, depending on where you are.
Please be prepared to submit a PDF portfolio of 3-5 articles or related marketing pieces averaging 500-1500 words length. Topics can be of your choosing. Bonus points if you have experience writing affiliate marketing pieces or guest post pieces for link building.
**This position can be part-time or full-time, depending on your availability/bandwidth. You do not have to take work from us 100% of the time to be part of our freelance team – we’re more interested in finding the right talent who work at a certain level of quality who we can trust to tackle complex and engaging types of writing for our clients.
- You are an exceptional writer who can write well across various media and for a diverse range of topics and audiences, including technology and health/healthcare.
- You have excellent research skills and enjoy learning in-depth about new topics that you may have little prior knowledge of.
- You have strong business acumen and experience writing on business- or finance-related topics.
- You are very comfortable using Slack, G-suite applications, and other tools to communicate and collaborate in a remote environment.
- You have world-class attention to detail. You will be working on high-value projects with high-caliber people. Your work must be of the highest quality.
- You have experience with keyword placement and SEO, and you know how to write high-quality, search engine optimized articles.