Principal DevOps Engineer
Westford, MA /
At MedAcuity, we work at the intersection of healthcare, technology and innovation in partnership with MedTech companies and innovators to develop software-driven medical devices, robotic technology, embedded systems, and computer vision solutions. We are looking for a Principal DevOps Engineer who wants to apply their exceptional technical skillset and problem-solving acumen to support those who develop innovative, secure, safe and reliable software to support the product development needs of our MedTech clients.
The Principal DevOps Engineer will implement, monitor, and maintain the infrastructure that supports CI/CD efforts for client engineering organizations and projects. In this role, you will support our team and client partners to apply expertise in the design of cloud-scale systems using one or more of the major cloud providers.
- 13+ years’ software development with expertise in infrastructure automation frameworks (such as Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- Excellence in source code management version control systems (Git)
- Experience with various build automation tools such as Jenkins, Gitlab
- Knowledge of various scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Perl
- Proven ability to drive the implementation of CI/CD pipeline infrastructure and maintenance
- Confidence in making recommendations to engineering management, internally and externally, on tool selection
- In-depth experience with Cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure
- Serve as a liaison between project teams and operational infrastructure teams, integrating the full software deployment lifecycle
- Experience working in high performing Agile/Scrum environments
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with high level stakeholders and management teams and guiding them to make the tough decisions
- Strong documentation and writing skills
- Excitement over working collaboratively
- Experience directing a domain, or providing direction and supervision to a small to medium group of engineers
- Experience working in a services or consulting environment, helpful
- Prior work experience in a regulated environment such as medical device, DOD, Aerospace, ideal
Applicants for employment at Medacuity, LLC are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender-related identity/appearance, pregnancy, age, genetic information, national origin, status as a Vietnam Era or disabled veteran or membership in the uniformed services, physical or mental disability, or any other legally-protected classification.
MedAcuity is an equal opportunity employer.