Machine Learning Engineer, Athena (Remote, US)
Tysons Corner, Virginia, USA /
Engineering – Data Science /
Full-Time Employee (Individual)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
- As a Data Engineer on our Athena Platform team, you will be responsible for architecting and developing the building blocks of the next generation of products at Medallia.
- You will create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- You will identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- You will build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer feedback applying sentiment analytics, NLP and Clustering methodologies.
- You will keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers.
- You will create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product.
- You will collaborate with product and design teams to build innovative new features and products for the Customer Experience space.
Our Engineering Culture
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- We love technology -- and follow the latest technologies and sharing what we learn.
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings.
- We build strong relationships with team members around the globe.
- 3+ years of data engineering experience include distributed systems like Spark, Hadoop, Kafka etc.
- Experience with ETL/ELT pipelines.
- Strong experience with code quality best practices and implementing testing architectures and modularization on large codebases.
- Have performed software development in a production environment using a mainstream object-oriented programming language ( Java, Java Libraries or Python or scala).
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java & Scala.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka or similar.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools such Airflow.
- Experience with stream-processing systems such as Spark-Streaming.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.
For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.