Product Data Analyst
London, United Kingdom /
Product – Product Management /
Full-Time Employee (Individual)
Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
As a Product Data Analyst, you interpret data and turn it into information that can offer ways to improve our business. You gather information from various sources and interpret patterns and trends. Once data has been gathered and interpreted, you will report back what has been found in a comprehensive study to the wider business/relevant colleagues.
As the role is new to our business you will also help build out the data plan for the Decibel platform. You identify gaps in availability of data (i.e. some data is located in databases only, is not in AWS, not in Power BI, is corrupted, etc.) – and gather requirements from a Data Analysts perspective on what you would need in order to pull and work with the data. You will work with engineering to close those gaps.
You will make recommendations about the methods and ways in which Decibel obtains, cleans, and analyses data to improve the quality and the efficiency of data systems.
- Collecting and interpreting data
- Analysing results
- Reporting the results back to the relevant members of the business
- Identifying patterns and trends in data sets
- Working alongside the product teams to establish business needs
- Defining new data collection and analysis processes
- Collaborating to develop new data models and solutions to ease interpretation of patterns and trends by the wider business, moving to a self-service model
- Demonstrable experience tracking and reporting on KPIs, developing dashboards, writing and presenting comprehensive reports
- Experience analysing a digital product, its users, and their usage
- Ability to create and deliver on a data plan, own a data model, continuously monitor and improve data quality, and excel the democratisation of data
- Skilled in blending different data points together (qual and quant, online and offline, data from multiple sources)
- Able to spot trends and areas of opportunity within large data sets
- Strong SQL, Excel, data visualisation skills
- Experience with AWS and Power BI / Tableau (or equivalents)
- Experience with Python is also a bonus but by no means essential
- Experience with DAX / MDX or other multi-dimensional languages is a plus
- Have used Decibel, or an alternative Experience Analytics tool, previously
- Ability to work independently but communicate effectively with stakeholders to distribute findingsStrong verbal and written communication skills, particularly as a bridge between technical and non-technical teams
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving
- Attention to detail
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.